A laugh at my new Brownell's stone kit

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by paid4c4, Jan 26, 2012.

1. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    I ordered the Brownell's polishing stone and sear/hammer fitting kit, I think it was 98 dollars. The kit has three polishing stones a file with a safety to fit sears and hammers. I used the stones today to prep a sear and was very satisfied with how well they work. The file that ended up in the kit doesn't have a safe corner/side so I couldn't use. I sent Brownell's an email regarding my kit, I'm still waiting for a response. Here is a picture see if you can guess whats wrong.
    Bill
    71e877a9.jpg

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Looks like a door striker plate file... Ron

3. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Don't have a clue...

4. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Maybe it's just the low resolution of the picture, but I don't see any teeth on the file.

5. alias

alias Dremel jockey

Aug 18, 2011
    File is too long for the box?

:Cry:

6. paid4c4

Sep 26, 2011
    Will guys it is a cell phone camera. There is no flat or safe side on the file. The file is supposed to fit in the concave portion of the tray to keep it from rolling around. You will notice if I put the file in it's proper place the file sticks out past the side of the case so the lid can't be closed. I think some how the wrong file got placed in the kit.
    Bill

7. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    The handles yellow?

8. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Looks like Brownells screwed the pooch on this one. :eek:

Keep us posted on how they respond to your e-mail and resolve this issue.I never had to send anything back to them on an order so I am interested in how their C.S is.

DAT85

9. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    i've sent plenty of things back, Brownells has good CS.

10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Brownells has good CS.. Returns for any reason is great.. Ron

11. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Like others have mentioned, they have great service. They have a 100% return policy, no questions ask. And I have returned/exchange stuff from then before.

12. paid4c4

Sep 26, 2011
    I received an email from the General Manager this morning agreeing that I received the incorrect file and a poor one at that. The correct file has already been shipped. He did say they recently started using a supplier for these kits which isn't working out. He appreciated the heads up so they could get on top of it to keep other customers from receiving the wrong parts. A good company to deal with who knows how to keep customers.
    Bill

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted