1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a package in today's mail. The contents were unexpected, over the top, and unannounced.

@fatbaldguy sent me a little gift. To him goes my eternal gratitude, thanks, and humble delight.

I am now the proud owner of a set of magwell cut rams horn grips! I was first tempted to inset some of those 1911 dated gold Quarter Eagle medallions, or maybe a set of Colt gold medallions. But I'm thinking maybe just enjoying them as they are.

Here are some photos that really don't do them justice. They are insanely cool.

Eternal thanks @fatbaldguy . . .

Now, which gun to put them on?

Z

Space Number

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotta do a little Barbie dress up photo shoot tomorrow.

Leading candidates are my 1917 and 1918 Colts. Only one year apart in birth, but they couldn't be further apart in condition.

1917 Colt Commercial

Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White

1918 Colt M1911 - Deadpool

Trigger Iron Metal Revolver Gun accessory

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,794 Posts
Well, Zoid you are most welcome, and deserving. It is a small gesture to show some appreciation for your contributions to society as a whole, and this 'group' specifically.
There is so much more to say, but I am not articulate enough to express it.

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For @FWoo45 and @fatbaldguy . . . . . . . . .

Gun Firearm Photograph White Trigger

Gun Firearm Metal Trigger Iron

White Iron Metal Grey Composite material

Metal Grey Iron Material property Steel

Well, Zoid you are most welcome, and deserving. It is a small gesture to show some appreciation for your contributions to society as a whole, and this 'group' specifically.
There is so much more to say, but I am not articulate enough to express it.

As far as my "contributions to society as a whole", I think many would be willing to engage in a spirited debate as to exactly what those might be . . . .

Personally, I think I make more "withdrawls" than "contributions", but that is for yet another discussion over a round of adult beverages . . . . . but I really do appreciate being appreciated by you'ze guys . . . . .

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
kudos to FBG and congrats to Zoid.

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,652 Posts
Received a package in today's mail. The contents were unexpected, over the top, and unannounced.

@fatbaldguy sent me a little gift. To him goes my eternal gratitude, thanks, and humble delight.

I am now the proud owner of a set of magwell cut rams horn grips! I was first tempted to inset some of those 1911 dated gold Quarter Eagle medallions, or maybe a set of Colt gold medallions. But I'm thinking maybe just enjoying them as they are.

Here are some photos that really don't do them justice. They are insanely cool.

Eternal thanks @fatbaldguy . . .

Now, which gun to put them on?

Z

View attachment 399971

View attachment 399973
Zoid: Those are nice!!!!!

·
Registered
6,931 Posts

As far as my "contributions to society as a whole", I think many would be willing to engage in a spirited debate as to exactly what those might be . . . .

Personally, I think I make more "withdrawls" than "contributions", but that is for yet another discussion over a round of adult beverages . . . . . but I really do appreciate being appreciated by you'ze guys . . . . .
Looks hawt!

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,017 Posts

The grips are a fantastic way to improve the look of the crab-pot anchor. ;)

Reactions: ZoidMeister
1 - 20 of 26 Posts