1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a ECP blem model listed on Gunbroker that I am interested in. I inquired about it and the seller said he never received any paper work on it and believes its a demo.

Here is his reply:Yeah that spot is just oil I believe. This one is listed as a blem but they did not provide a blem page which generally means that it was a salesman showpiece or a demo and we are not told which.

My question is why does Dan Wesson call demo guns "blems"? Is it just because they have been handled more?

Thanks for any input.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/850770576

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Its a demo gun, sticker on box tells it. If it was a blem it would have a "BLEM" sticker on the box.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It’s definitely a factory blem, see the upside down “y” at the end of the serial number

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have two Dan Wesson “blems”, both are definitely not demos. The blem on both is very minor and hardly noticeable.

Sorry that is not a definitive answer for you.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Do they call demo guns blems?
Yes, the inverted "Y" at end of serial number makes it a blem gun. This gun doesn't have a factory blemish by Dan Wesson but was a Show/Demo gun sold at a discount. I would keep looking for one from TwoGunJay on gunbroker as he sells DWs cheap. One may pop up in the Addicts classifies also.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the heads up fellows,

Yes, the inverted "Y" at end of serial number makes it a blem gun. This gun doesn't have a factory blemish by Dan Wesson but was a Show/Demo gun sold at a discount. I would keep looking for one from TwoGunJay on gunbroker as he sells DWs cheap. One may pop up in the Addicts classifies also.
Would you say then, this is not a good deal?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Integrity Arms

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,448 Posts
Here is his reply:Yeah that spot is just oil I believe. This one is listed as a blem but they did not provide a blem page which generally means that it was a salesman showpiece or a demo and we are not told which.
He's (the seller) being dishonest, I doubt Dan Wesson stamped it as a "blem" knowing it was going to be a demo. That makes no sense.

"blems" are silly, most people couldn't even find the issue without the cheat sheet. Does it hurt future re-sale probably not after it gets it own wear a tear from use and carry. Would it stop me from buying one and saving a few hundred over a "non-blem" not in the least.

·
Known Agitator
3,172 Posts
I would be cautious. I bought a DW from Gunbroker that was supposed to be a demo. It is a blem, but has no sheet on it, and they tore off the 'blelm' part of the sticker on the case. No big deal, I love the gun, but dislike being lied to.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Fellows, I'll wait it out to find a better deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts