a ride in paradise

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by switchback, Sep 11, 2020.

1. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    So, Mts. S and I got out for a little mc ride today. Down our bitterroot valley and then west and up and over Lolo Pass into Idahos Selway wilderness area. A little smokey but worth the hazy skies. 20200911_135758_HDR.jpg 20200911_140133_HDR.jpg
    Pics of DeVotto old cedar grove, so majestic and quite cool in amongst these giant old growth cedars. They are between 3 -500 years old. Amazing.
    Then of Lochsa river. We are in a drought but still beautiful. In the spring this river is full of kayaks and rafters. Don't remember the classification of the rapids, but always appeared to me that one should be more than good to handle the water. 20200911_135910.jpg

A great day with my wife. We had brought lunch to have in the cedar forest. Best pastrami on rye sammy I ever tasted 20200911_135758_HDR.jpg 20200911_135910.jpg 20200911_140133_HDR.jpg

gps man, 41 Charlie, B81 and 25 others like this.
  2. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015

3. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Wonderful memories. Beautiful pictures !

isialk and switchback like this.
  4. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Nothing beats a good pastrami and wife............... I mean a good wife and pastrami... yeah, in that order!!!! :rolleyes:

Bender, DRD, isialk and 1 other person like this.
  5. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Nice post and pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

switchback likes this.
  6. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014
  7. switchback

Jun 2, 2014
    oopps. just a couple old dynas, wifes in front a 04 fxdp defender. looks stock but I warmed up engine to 95". late style cam set up with andrews cams and bishop performance stage2 heads. Mine stage 2 103" fxdb 20200911_134440_HDR.jpg

8. switchback

Jun 2, 2014
    better pic of my 14. My electra glide just got uncomfortably heavy at slow speeds and moving it around parked. So I shed a couple hundred pounds, or more. Installed a bug screen and floorboards. 20200717_154846.jpg Viola'

9. switchback

Jun 2, 2014
    Bike pics up, Frank. Guess I didn't think most addicts would have any interest. After my hip and knee got worse, my wife suggested a dyna as an alternative to not riding. I'm still not the road dog I once was, but I'm still in the saddle! Love the way my dyna handles!!! I had a couple fxr bikes along the way, this handles as good or better. My only "want" on mine (detachable bug shield removed for cool factor) would be a full rear fender. But, meh, they want way too much dinero. Engine is very torquey, as I like

Fatbob Frank likes this.
  10. Fatbob Frank

Feb 5, 2014
    Nice!
    Bet all that fresh air was awesome!
    My wife took over my Fatbob after I got my Streetglide, but after our trip to Sturgis( where she wanted to be a passenger and not a driver) she claims she'd just as soon ride behind me again so we sold off the Fatbob.
    Maybe I need to change my name...

UBOATDOC and switchback like this.
  11. switchback

Jun 2, 2014
    And I always thought you were named after the fuel tanks

12. Fatbob Frank

Feb 5, 2014
    That's old school man!
    I'll bet most people never heard of a fatbob tank...
    old bike.jpg
    But I picked the name when I bought this in 2008.

13. switchback

Jun 2, 2014
    I agree Frank, the scene has changed a lot! Nice "fatbobs" and fatbob. I've rewelded so many tank mounts back in the day, I'm glad the design got changed. So many changes, new riders wouldn't put up with and shouldn't need too. Aluminum barrels ( to match crank and heads) no more "marking its spot", 12volt charging systems, breaks that function without sawing the single mounting pin in half, man I could go on and on.

At first glance I thought your pictured fatbob was an old WLA. Haha

14. Fatbob Frank

Feb 5, 2014
    The kid who bought it is talking about stuffing a 125ci race motor in it when he gets back from the service...

switchback likes this.
  15. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Some gorgeous country, Bill! Thanks for sharing the pics!!

switchback likes this.
  16. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Love that country......great pics

thanks for sharing...

switchback likes this.
  17. switchback

Jun 2, 2014
    When a young friend of mine returned from his Afgan tour, he just couldn't get enough power when he transitioned to H-Ds. Against my advice he stuffed an S&S 124" with big cams and compression into bagger. He's a very talented rider, but that engine ate itself in under 10k miles. Live and learn. I suggested something that comes with more HP, he went thru a Ducati and BMW, both great bikes, before realizing that its (A) all about torque and (B) for touring a big bagger is like riding a sofa (re: comfortable mile eater) so he's now on a road glide with whatever their new engines are , all cammed up and stage 2 tuning.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted