A Shout-Out for Saddleback Leather

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhoIsJohnGalt?, Oct 20, 2018.

1. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    A few years ago (I don’t remember the exact year), I was on the market for a new wallet. I’d read many good things about Saddleback Leather and ordered their Medium Bi-Fold wallet.

It quickly became a favorite and aged wonderfully like leather does from its original “tobacco” finish to something seasoned and well-used. Unfortunately, part of the lining began to give way, even exposing part of the wallet’s RFID foil lining.

I emailed Saddleback’s Customer Service Department and explained the situation and included pics. To me, the break had happened at a high-stress area of the wallet and would perhaps warrant a repair at a small charge.

“How about a new wallet?” was Saddleback’s emailed response the same day. They’ve discontinued the Medium Bi-Fold but offered to ship me the nearest equivalent, their Medium ID Wallet in tobacco coloration at no charge.

Apparently, I’d forgotten about Saddleback’s 100-year warranty!

I’m enjoying the new wallet as well as a few other items I’ve ordered from Saddleback over time. Good stuff!

The damage to the first wallet shown below, then old over new in two shots below that.

78403951-1FEE-4455-8CAA-D369540B490D.jpeg 104A8136-A2A3-4D0E-A1AE-F6E6AAED4908.jpeg 767158D5-4F94-4959-82A5-C30F3E7FBC78.jpeg

2. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I carry their front pocket wallet everyday. Nice choice.

WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.

3. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018
    Thank you, and I almost asked them about the Front Pocket Wallet, as I carry this one (and its predecessors) in my front pocket almost always. I’ve recently cut way back on how many cards and other things I pack into my wallet - that has helped a lot. This Bi-Fold is still compact enough to work for me there.

HOTCHKIS and Raylan Givens like this.
  4. Buckhorn

Buckhorn Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I’ve got a wallet and briefcase from them, they are great. High quality stuff and seem like good people.

WhoIsJohnGalt? and Raylan Givens like this.
  5. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018
    After wanting one a good while, I just ordered a briefcase (their slim laptop case) last week - it arrived Friday. I’m blown-away by this thing. I’ve got it all set up to go to work Monday - meanwhile, it’s been imparting that great leather scent through the home office / study!

I ordered some Chamberlain’s Leather Milk, also, their No. 3 Water Protectant. I walk a fair distance across an open parking lot every workday and invariably it’s raining a few of those trips. Treated the new bag and my wife’s briefcase as well as our Saddleback iPad cover.

6. KTXdm9

KTXdm9 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Very cool. Always nice to see a company stand behind their product.

Fort Tom and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.
  7. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    great company, i have there beast duffel bag, love it, built like a tank

WhoIsJohnGalt? and KTXdm9 like this.
  8. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Would love to order an iPhone X case but they are sold out

9. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    I need a wallet. Thanks for the recommendation!

10. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018
    Ugh, I know! I got an email from them about that case when they came out and I think they were almost immediately sold-out! I was preparing to upgrade to the X just to get this case haha!

11. Hardway

Hardway Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Thanks, for helping me spend my money.

Didn't know I needed the four things in the shopping cart. And I'm not done.

Ethanol Red and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted