close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Simple Pair of Pistols...pics!

Discussion in 'Chambers Custom Pistols - Obsessibly™ Accurate, Re' started by Joe C, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Greetings,

The last couple of months have been pretty busy for me, what with the Nationals at Perry, working on guns and then there is this project...

It actually started last year at Perry when a friend of mine and I were talking at his table of stuff for sale and we found a little gem, it was rough, but a gem none the less. One thing led to another and a project evolved. Then the project got bigger. Then more people entered into the project. Then it became a full scale production. Over all I have spent about 250 hours in what you will see below for my part. It has been a great deal of fun. It has also pushed me to the limits on some things that I did not know if they could be done or not. In the end, it proved to me once again that if you put your mind to something and are extremely passionate you can do anything.

Now, for the pictures and a few descriptions:

Gee, what's in the hand crafted black water buffalo leather case that Kade Gile at Huey Custom Cases made for me???

[​IMG]

I really don't have any words for this next picture...you can fill in the blanks...over 250 hours and it was all worth it...

[​IMG]

This is not a mirror illusion. You are looking at a custom matched pair of Stainless Bobtail Commanders in .45acp...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Lefty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Righty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Front end with blended dovetail sight and Chambers Coned Barrel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

to be continued....

2. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    The rear sight with no dovetail install:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The custom Lightfoot Razor and Rings:

[​IMG]

And a parting shot:

[​IMG]

Finally, I would like to say a few words of thanks to the people who helped me with this project for I could not have done it all by myself.

Thank you to my friend G.S. for helping me find all the parts he could, and giving me the encouragement to make the ones we couldn't find. Thank you to George S. at EGW for helping me with a "little" ejector situation.

Thank you to my friend Ed Strange from wickedgrips.com who continues to provide me with beautiful wood grips. These were exhibition grade desert ironwood and I know it was a real feat to make them for a one of a kind left handed pistol.

Thank you to my friend Kade Gile of Huey Custom Cases for the fabulous work of art in leather, wood and french in-letting. If you need a custom case, he is one of the best.

Thank you also to Greg Lightfoot of Lightfoot Knives for the stunning Desert Ironwood Razor and custom rings. I will own a knife from this man some day...they are beautiful!

To Jerry and a few other fellows on here that knew what I was doing and kept a secret...thanks for all the encouragement and late night talks to convince me it could and would work...it did...and very well!

And thank you to my sweet wife on this one. She put up with a lot of very late hours while I pondered, filed, machined, blended, sanded and all the other things that went into this project.

Finally, thank you all for the looks and comments whatever they may be. I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed the building of these two one of a kind pistols.

3. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    AMAZING!!! That is the only word that comes to mind.

4. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    They should be in an art gallery somewhere Joe. Awesome work.

5. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Agreed!!!

6. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Very nice.

7. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    That's really too cool! :smile:

OK, gotta ask - any akimbo shooting action documented on-film, for this amazing pair? :cool:

8. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice work, Joe. :thumb:

9. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Great photos. Sounds like it must have been a really fun project. They certainly turned out splendidly. :thumb:

Andy

10. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    All I can say is pictures don't do them justice. Even though these are really nice pics. The blade is something else too.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  11. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
    Those are beautiful....

12. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member Supporting Addict

Sep 10, 2011
    im jealous of anyone that gets to see those beauties in person! they look amazing in the pics, i can only imagine what they would be like to admire from close up!

13. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    Beautiful indeed :cool:

14. matthew03

matthew03 Member

Sep 24, 2011
    I'm not short on vocabulary, but there isn't a word to do justice for what you have created. I've never seen anything like them, amazing work sir.

15. EdS

EdS Member

Sep 21, 2011
    You'd never believe how hard/weird it can be to do a left handed version.... it was a fun time, with more fun to come, eh Joe?

16. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
  17. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Sorry, but it needs to be said.

Putting together a left handed gun and the story behind that was something I missed the first time I viewed these. That gave me an even deeper appreciation. I have seen nothing but praise and awe here and on other forums. One poster suggested these be placed on display at the Smithsonian as an example of a fading art form for future generations. Please understand, this is very difficult for me and I mean no disrespect, but as perfect as this set is, I have to be honest and say that for me it is incomplete and falls short of perfection. Where the heck is the can of shaving cream and razor strop? Huh? And what about a nice after shave for the chicks? I am sure Mr. Chambers will call this knit picking and possibly send me a PM calling me a piece of maggot ridden skunk meat for bringing it up, but razor burn is no joking matter. Forgive me.........

18. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Funny story about this set. I was fortunate enough to be able to see and handle them. I had my bear paws all over them breathing heavily. I went to pick up the razor and Joe was like “HEY, Be careful with that blade” I thought it was amusing that he was more worried about the blade. Which is an absolute work of art in itself.

19. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    @Ed, you know I've got something new up my grease stained sleeve bro and you are of course going to be part of it. ;-)
    @Earlsbud, you crack me up man! How could I be so forgetful! Razor burn is serious!
    @Jake...brewer..just wait till they come back and you get to shoot them! You're gonna love that!

20. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Glad that gave you a chuckle. We are all lucky to have you here.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted