1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clean, simple, classy.
Just took delivery of a New DW A2. and I have to say what an awesome pistol
100 rounds of 230 ball down range no hiccups sweet shooter. Of course pic to follow
The A2 is clean no frills and just classy.
Thinking Pachmayr signature Grips, and maybe a change of sights
The current white dot style Novak’s Work and are right on for a combat hold sight picture.
This pistol is a keeper.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Nice! I need to find a friend with a DW so I can try shooting one! Have heard lots of good things

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
born in the wrong century
5,285 Posts
Heck yes. I like the looks of that one quite a bit.

Reactions: ditto1958

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What’s really wild is I have been researching reading,pricing researching a semi custom/Custom 9mm 1911 But I keep coming back to the A2 commander. Will power and I need to stay the course

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats, I'm really enjoying my Gov't A2. I'm debating on the Pachmayr's myself. I have an issue with my thumb safety, it wasn't fit properly where it mimics the contour/curvature of the frame. I'll be sending it to John Harrison for that to be replaced. I'm considering some other work also, while it's there with him.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got a response back from DW this AM and it will be going out soon for sights. Blacked out rear & Night sight front, Then thinking flat mainspring housing, got the pachmayr’s, So now I need to post up some pics.
Already thinking frame mods undercut trigger guard, 30 lpi FSC, shorten slide stop bevel frame, then will need to be refinished already exceeding the Valor and a Les Baer. Just can’t leave well enough alone, what’s this forum called 1911 Addicts? Hmmm, may need some group intradiction?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Got a response back from DW this AM and it will be going out soon for sights. Blacked out rear & Night sight front, Then thinking flat mainspring housing, got the pachmayr’s, So now I need to post up some pics.
Already thinking frame mods undercut trigger guard, 30 lpi FSC, shorten slide stop bevel frame, then will need to be refinished already exceeding the Valor and a Les Baer. Just can’t leave well enough alone, what’s this forum called 1911 Addicts? Hmmm, may need some group intradiction?
Just curious, are you having DW apply their black Duty Treat, or re-blue it?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts