AAAAHHH!!!!! Tomorrow night is WAR!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrashStitches, Dec 29, 2011.

1. CrashStitches

CrashStitches Dirty Punk Rocker

Dec 26, 2011
    [​IMG]

UFC: Lesnar vs Overeem

I'm so stoked, I think I just peed a little.

*checks*

Yup. :whoo:

Lesnar vs Overeem, Diaz vs Cerrone, Fitch vs Hendricks...

Happy Friggin New Year!!!

I'ma be all like [​IMG]

MMA fans, post ya picks. Mine comin' later.

2. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011

3. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    It'll be a good fight. I can't wait to see Silva fight Sonnen again. I think Jones is suppose to defend his title again sometime in Q1 of 2012. Can't wait!

4. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I think the best fight on the card will be Diaz vs Cerrone, which I'll bet Cowboy to win. I do think it will be a FOTN.

Lesnar...I'm a hater so I hope he get's KTFO, BAD. I think it's a hard fight to call now but I think it will be easy to predict within the first few minutes. If the fight stays standing, Lesnar's in trouble whereas if it goes to the ground, I can see Lesnar putting a hurting on Ubereem. Reems cardio will play a factor, this is one area where Brock should have the edge, though he looked terrible in the Cain fight so who knows.

I think it's really sad that Lesnar is even considered for a #1 contender's fight. A guy who loses his first UFC fight, fights a can in Herring to get a title shot. Beats Couture, runs like a girl from Carwin (though he ended up winning after Carwin gassed HARD), gets exposed even more by Cain, but somehow is ready to be back to #1 status? What a joke.

Doesn't matter, I see Cigano murdering Lesnar and likely Reem...though Reem would make a more interesting title fight.

5. CrashStitches

Dec 26, 2011
    Easy, easy...I won't tolerate that "canning" of Heath Herring! :) That "can" beat Kongo and came within a few seconds of being the first to KTFO Big Nog.

I'm stoked for all these fights, but really looking forward to the 2 main events. Cerrone and Diaz have been sparking each other up all week, and the style matchup is almost guaranteed fireworks. And Reem vs Brock may well come down to Reem's ability yo stand back up, since Brock has taken down EVERYONE he's fought. I've been a Reem fan since he was a skinny 205'er, but Brock will be bringin' the thunder tonight as well. Too close to call!

This is the best sport on the planet, man! I'm geeking right now, watching Volkmann/Escudero on the facebook prelims.

Cheers!

6. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
    Well "can" might have been a little harsh, but he wasn't even a top 15 fighter when Lesnar beat him...just a joke how beating Herring earned him a title shot. Kongo = gatekeeper at best, but it was one HH's best fights.

I really hope Diaz gets mauled, and I think he will be. I really want to see Lesnar get KTFO...but I think he'll get AS down and end it in the 1st.

I'm too cheap to order the PPV so I'll see if I'm right in the morning.

7. CrashStitches

Dec 26, 2011
    Wow, an amazing night of fights, and some epic corner-turning moments!

Ryder, your 1st-round KO prediction kinda came true...in a sense. :waaaht:

8. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
    I'll put my feelings in white since it'll contain spoilers.

I have to say I was very surprised Lesnar didn't try harder for a take-down, honestly he looked like he was there for a paycheck and didn't care. How stupid of a game plan is it to stand with a striker like Reem when you're not known for anything more than wrestling...stupid. I think Lesnar's health issues did him in, so it's no wonder he retired after last night.

I really thought Cowboy would do better, he just seemed off...

9. flea

flea Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Lesnar, might win if he doesn't get hit in the face. Once he's hit in the face he falls to pieces.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted