Absolutely Ridiculous~! Where are the Zoo Keepers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Integrity Arms, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I don't know how many of you noticed but, since WWB has stepped down as a moderator and taken a much needed sabbatical the classifieds section of this forum is chucked full of sold guns and there is at least 4-5 pages I bet of items that could be moved and or relocated. Talk about attention to detail. If someone doesn't get on this it's going to start looking like a FB social media gun group..

Many of you know I have defended this forum because of the people involved and the many great folks I have met here. But, in just the last 6 months the member total has increased by leaps and bounds and many are only joining to post their guns for sale. It kind of felt like family, but now it is starting to look more like any other classified gun group.. I'm sorry to say that, I am not usually one to complain, but is there no other moderators? Where are the owners of the forum.. It seems as if we are just being left out there to profit a corporation and there is not even any concern with how congested the site gets with unnecessary garbage. Not that anyone's gun is garbage but, come on at least move the sold items so we don't have to tread through a mountain of sold firearms to look at the ones currently available.

If something isn't done soon it's just going to get worse. We used to have 6-7 pages of items cause someone that cared was taking care of the leftovers and keeping the site cleaned up and policed. When the owners of this forum don't even care to get back with their moderators to help with issues concerning the site, it tells me that there is no concern for the site or the people in it. Don't know about you all but, even if it is now a business, this is no way to do business..

Ranting, yes I am frustrated and I watch the forum turn into a bunch of yesterdays news...

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Well, your first mistake was thinking as you put it:

"When the owners of this forum don't even care to get back with their moderators to help with issues concerning the site, it tells me that there is no concern for the site or the people in it."

Not to be harsh but we all know they don't care about the "people" in it, it was a business decision to purchase it, not ethical, passion or love.

And, FWIW, WWB should have been more upfront about leaving here and starting to be a Mod at the other place. Step back my *ss it was I'm moving over there and don't have/want time for both and that's OK it's his time, effort and commitment just be truthful.

3. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Perhaps WWB just didn't want to start a war between the two Forums.

boatdoc likes this.
  4. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    It's a free country, you don't like it where the wild things roam, go to one of them control freakish forums.

But I hope you'll stay Mr. Owens. You know this is the best stupid gun forum on the Interweb.

5. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Honestly guys, I talk to WWB a lot and that wasn't the case at all. The other forum doesn't take any of his time and he stepped into there for a friend. He was not getting any support from the owners of the forum to even sign up new sponsors. He tried on several occasions to contact those in charge with no response and no support. He was doing this for a long time and putting quite a bit of effort in to it.. He was hoping by stepping away someone would take notice and give a ****.

6. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I agree Mouche, but I just hate that it appears they are just going to let it get completely cluttered up.. Again and I have said it many times, if it weren't for the folks in here... I wouldn't be here. I honestly hate to see the thing go the new way of the whole world, that nobody takes the time and responsibility to their job...

boatdoc likes this.
  7. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Last comment on this cause I like WWB, all he had to say was he was stepping back here to become a Mod there as there was only so many hrs in his day. I doubt "mods" have non-competes, lol

8. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    [QUOTE="Steve Owens, post: 899241, member: 13607"Again and I have said it many times, if it weren't for the folks in here... I wouldn't be here. I honestly hate to see the thing go the new way of the whole world, that nobody takes the time and responsibility to their job...[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, the people here are addictive ;) -- it took me several tries at other gun and 1911 sites before I settled in here. If this went wrong I would be very sad as I don't really care for "the forum" or the "new site".

9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I'm sure @tac45 can provide the "moderation" desired for a small fee . . .

10. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    well, if they are paying I'm in :) I'm here anyway ;) and if I ban Zoid what's there really to monitor :D

Babboonbobo, Stogies, boatdoc and 8 others like this.
  11. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Yep !!! He's like the " Amazon " for addicts ! :)

Kip, boatdoc, FWoo45 and 2 others like this.
  12. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    I agree with you Steve...
    Also did not know there was a new addicts site...

13. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    God this is getting funnier

mikemac, Kip, boatdoc and 3 others like this.
  14. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    More like, the Addicts HSN . . . .

"Hainey Shopping Network"

mikemac, Kip, boatdoc and 7 others like this.
  15. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014

. . . . or like Coyote's ACME . . . .

"Addicts Commercial-Metaphysical Exchange"

(that one is for @Scaramouche )

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    mikemac, Kip, Bro. Pappaw and 3 others like this.
  16. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Just FYI this is not the case.. I stepped back here because I received no help and I’m not willing to mod the forum myself. I’m still on here just not posting a whole lot or modding much. I mod the other forum as well there is help there that is the difference.
    And as you can see there has been no one who has stepped up here since I stopped.

17. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Being a mod here or anywhere else is just like anything you do in life.
    If you put it effort and it goes unnoticed and not appreciated, it doesn't take long for someone to no longer want to put in the effort.
    If you ask me WWB did it a lot longer than most any of you would have.
    He also did a heck of a job doing things in the background and it all went under appreciated.
    I for one can't blame him for stepping back.
    I was hoping it would help open some eyes and he would get the support he needed from the owner or owners but that didn't happen.
    I think he would return if it ever does happen.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    mikemac, Babboonbobo, Stogies and 8 others like this.
  18. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I haven't checked out the Classifieds in a while but I have diffidently noticed a change to the forum as of late with a lot of the newer player being more a kin too TOOS which we didn't have much of here before.

Here it has been that you were Relegated to a specific forum if that was what you owned and don't cross the lines....In fact there are no brand specific forums and Colt people get along fine with SA, Wilson and others.......Even the occasional Kimber discussion is civil.

Here of late there have been more than a few posts where if you believe differently than others you will shoot your foot off or your surely walking around on an Empty Chamber because when you put the safety on the Round Vanished.....Got that from one of Clint's TR Videos.

We just have to hope for the best, police ourselves and attempt to keep the the riff raff to a minimum.

Just my opinion and it was worth all it cost ya'll.

Karsten

19. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014

The best moderation of this forum has always come from the rank and file, not from the powers that be.

Some of the rank and file may have gotten dilluted with the appearance of the parallel universe. This side of the matter / antimatter continuum continues to be more active. It will all settle out I'm sure.

I don't hit the classifieds often, so I haven't observed what the OP is lamenting. I think it takes the efforts of all to keep Addicts the best crazy gun forum in the galaxy . . . .

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted