Accuracy X Multi-Sight Slide and Barrel Upgrade

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by RS., Dec 21, 2018.

1. RS.

RS. Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Earlier this year I sent my wad gun (Springfield RO) to Accuracy X to have a new AXI barrel and multi sight slide installed so I could use the gun in both service and EIC competition.

The gun arrived yesterday and I put 100 rounds of Federak Gold Medal Match through it. Accuracy was outstanding, though I was limited to 25 Yards.

I’ll use this as a placeholder to keep positing on progress, accuracy testing, etc...

92815192-8AE5-4A99-9464-C9D16CB63802.jpeg

2. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Steve Huff built me one of his pistols in 9mm last summer with multi-sight options. I have a standard target front sight and a fiber-optic front sight alternate with the "slot sight" option. I have a Kensight adjustable rear sight along with the 2 in. Picatinny rail module for optical sights. Hard to beat this set-up for versatility and ease of changing out sights in mere minutes. It's now my #1 range gun. If only I was anywhere near as accurate as the pistol is.

3. RS.

RS. Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2017
    9mm is my next stop once the funds are saved up.

4. RS.

RS. Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2017
    A quick update. I’m about 600 rounds into the new slide and barrel. So far great accuracy and minimal issues. I stripped the teeny weenie toes that holds the FS in. But I’m only using the rear plates so far. This will be my dedicated wad gun this year so I’ll likely just keep the Romeo on it full time. It doesn’t like Federal GMM SWC like but that’s not uncommon. I’ll make sure to only use JHP in matches.

7F5FBF13-57BE-43B8-A54B-1B80D0C486D3.jpeg

xerts1191 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted