1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this video about the Accuracy X 1911. Interesting sight options including red dot capability. Unusual front sight installation. Perhaps you have heard of this manufacturer in the past. My introduction to the brand. Have a look.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
AI is supposed to be exceptionally accurate.

Perhaps the rear, BoMar clone is installed as an expedient, but if that’s a permanent install it’s jacked up- for anything more than Bullseye competition or range.
It would not be a gun I’d grab for carry/SD.

It’s usual to “bury” that style sight by milling slide, so it sits lower and somewhat protected.
The glimpse I had of RS has it hanging clear off slide and perched on top, dovetail itself holding it to slide.

If this is a co-witness effort with RD, I would do something different.
The front FO looks to be a variant of a CZ in-line dovetail, which is GTG.

This pistol would come into its own with a RD; Trijicon or Holosun IMO.

Always good to have another upper tier choice in the 1911 world.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well, I’m going to find out how good the barrel is tonight after work. This gun I built from one of their slide kits that I bought from a fellow enthusiast. This is not one of their inhouse guns but one that had to be fit together by myself. I like their product.

mine is in .45acp.

...Ron

View attachment 631599
Those grips are on point!!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ok, fresh off the bench about 90 rounds down the tube. This was my best group of the night. At 25 yards I had 3 out to the 2nd white circle from a rest, not sighted in at that point.

View attachment 631759

...Ron
Nice gun and great shooting! So you're using Bayou's 185gr SWC? I recently started using their truncated cone bullets in both .45 w/Clays and 9mm w/Titegroup.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice gun and great shooting! So you're using Bayou's 185gr SWC? I recently started using their truncated cone bullets in both .45 w/Clays and 9mm w/Titegroup.
I’m using Round Nose Flat Point 185’s, though 200gr semi’s are a good choice also. Found that 185gr. Worked really well out of my Glock 30 .45acp. Bayou, Blue Bullet, Missouri Bullet, Badman Bullets,and a number of other brands end up being shipped to the house.

...Ron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts