Act-Mag opinions?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by daved20319, Jan 23, 2019.

1. daved20319

daved20319 Active Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Just made a swap for a Sig P220R, it comes with two factory mags and one Pro-Mag. Everything I've ever heard about Pro-Mags is bad, so I'm not expecting much from that. Regardless, I'll be needing more mags, Sigs are $40 each, Act-Mags are half that, but if they're no good, I'll spend the money for the Sigs. Thanks.

Dave

2. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Check MecGar mags.
    They are the OEM provider/manufacturer for a number of firearms.

3. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    A shopping “trick” I’ve used before in finding the best current available pricing particularly for something like OEM magazines, is find the UPC code of the magazine you want and do a Google search for, “UPC xxxxxxx”. The search needs to be on the UPC code and not on the manufacturer’s part number or SKQ number. And you won’t always find the UPC code on the OEM’s website. But if you look around, Bud’s Gun Shop or something similar, you’ll spot the UPC number in their description. You may have to even place the item in a “shopping cart” before the website will display the UPC code. Good luck in your search.

BenchMonkey and limbkiller like this.
  4. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013
    I have a lot of Act mags for 1911s, never had a problem

Fatbob Frank and limbkiller like this.
  5. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Me either.

6. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Have had issues with act mags cracking. I would buy mec gar mags they make the factory sig mags.

7. daved20319

daved20319 Active Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Thanks, guys. I checked Mec-Gar first, they don't list mags for the 220, so that leaves just Pro-Mag, Act-Mag, or Sig. Later.

Dave

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted