1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I like your post first thing, thanks for your evaluation. Still want one. Wonder how far I would get with a go fund me acct for my own ACW? HA! Tell what that last target is, I like that alot, wan to give one a try.
I designed that insert to get the officers to focus on a high center chest area. I got with my Doc buddy (SWAT Team Dr.) to hash over some ideas. The scoring rings were for shooting for badges. However, officers become programmed to shoot for the "bulleye's eye" / 10 box which is too low anatomically.

JW

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Took the Classic Carry to the range Sunday. 93 degrees and sunny. Put another +100 rds. of WW ball, 40 rds. Federal HST, and 10 rds. WW Ranger T. So far I've gotten over 90 rds. of HST, 20 rds. of the Hydra Shock, and 10 rds. of Ranger T hollow points thru the pistol without issue. The pistol runs very smooth. I have been the primary instructor the last couple of sessions so I'm unable to get as many rounds down the tube as I would like. I need to get at least 350 rds. of various duty ammo thru without issue before I be comfortable carrying it. Expect no issues based on my experience with the pistol so far.

I will note, the EGW thumb safety needs some tapering where the pistol contacts the web of my hand. Not a big issue, just one of those little things I'll get around to one day.

JW

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I’ve noticed the thumb safety on my Quantico isn’t as smooth as I’d like it to be either. I found I could adjust my grip slightly so that it doesn’t tear into me at all.
I’ve also had zero reliability issues with mine. Rob knows how to make a gun, that’s for sure.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Took the Classic Carry to the range Sunday. 93 degrees and sunny. Put another +100 rds. of WW ball, 40 rds. Federal HST, and 10 rds. WW Ranger T. So far I've gotten over 90 rds. of HST, 20 rds. of the Hydra Shock, and 10 rds. of Ranger T hollow points thru the pistol without issue. The pistol runs very smooth. I have been the primary instructor the last couple of sessions so I'm unable to get as many rounds down the tube as I would like. I need to get at least 350 rds. of various duty ammo thru without issue before I be comfortable carrying it. Expect no issues based on my experience with the pistol so far.

I will note, the EGW thumb safety needs some tapering where the pistol contacts the web of my hand. Not a big issue, just one of those little things I'll get around to one day.

JW
Really glad this is working out for you after what you went through. Any further thoughts on the Wilson episode, what was really going on and what the takeaway (for us all) is?

And now that you've had some time on the ACW, what's your assessment of it all-around compared to the Wilsons you shoot and know well?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Really glad this is working out for you after what you went through. Any further thoughts on the Wilson episode, what was really going on and what the takeaway (for us all) is?

And now that you've had some time on the ACW, what's your assessment of it all-around compared to the Wilsons you shoot and know well?
Sorry I missed this post. My thoughts, Wilson had a bad batch of frames: not hardened properly or somehow they know longer fit barrels correctly. My older Wilson's still run great, reliable. I've had issues with several Wilson's but all were taken care of. These pistols were 2015 - 2018 builds, 9mm and 45acp. My belief - the older Wilson's are superior. I base this on my own experiences. Wilson's CS never failed to make it right until the last one.

While the ACW does not offer all the extra cosmetics, serrations, rounded magwells, etc. , they are without a doubt on par with the "Big Boys" respect to fit, finish, reliability and accuracy. Several of my fellow officers are drooling over my ACW CC. I get more request to shoot it than my Wilson.

JW

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I decided to send my ACW Classic Carry to Steve @ Integrity Arms to do some work. My goal is to make the ACW with the options that were on my Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special Commander. Mind you, none of this work was needed, this was strictly a want. The ACW lacked nothing!

I had Steve serrated the top and rear of the slide. I went old school, leaving the top of the slide round. Rear of the slide serrations are lpi to match the rear sight. I liked the round butt on the Hack so I had Steve slightly round butt. Not so much as to take away from the classic look tho. The EGW thumb safeties need a little blending too. Finish is the DLC with Steve's prep work.

Steve sent me some pics today. He nailed it! He says it looks a lot better in person. I think she looks fine now. I'm setting up a cold weather training class for the officers soon. I'll get some range time for her.

JW
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry
Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Carbon Line
Audio equipment Air gun Wrist Trigger Gun barrel

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,838 Posts
I decided to send my ACW Classic Carry to Steve @ Integrity Arms to do some work. My goal is to make the ACW with the options that were on my Wilson Combat Hackathorn Special Commander. Mind you, none of this work was needed, this was strictly a want. The ACW lacked nothing!

I had Steve serrated the top and rear of the slide. I went old school, leaving the top of the slide round. Rear of the slide serrations are lpi to match the rear sight. I liked the round butt on the Hack so I had Steve slightly round butt. Not so much as to take away from the classic look tho. The EGW thumb safeties need a little blending too. Finish is the DLC with Steve's prep work.

Steve sent me some pics today. He nailed it! He says it looks a lot better in person. I think she looks fine now. I'm setting up a cold weather training class for the officers soon. I'll get some range time for her.

JW View attachment 903451 View attachment 903452 View attachment 903453
I was glad to finally get everything back in here, got 4 assembled today total, and debating on at least unpacking the 5th.. Might not get it all back together tonight, but should be able to at least get a jump on em. Really glad you're happy with it, I was impressed with the overall finish.

·
Registered
865 Posts

JW View attachment 903451 View attachment 903452 View attachment 903453
Very cool. Both top and rear serrations should be an option over there.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
8,480 Posts
The serrations on the rear of the slide look amazing, steady hand there, for sure

Reactions: crc

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So with pistol in hand I would like to share some of Steve's (Integrity Arms) work. He did one outstanding job for me! I had the magwell rounded more than offered by ACW. The top and rear of the slide serrated, blend the ambi safeties and DLC the pistol.

JW

Wood Knife Everyday carry Hunting knife Blade
Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

Rounded the magwell a bit.
Before / After pics

41 - 60 of 62 Posts