ACW News

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by azguy1911, Jul 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. 1911_Bandit

1911_Bandit Batteries_included

Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  2. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

AlchemyCustomWeaponry Crabby Old Gunsmith

Nov 4, 2011
    On the accuracy guarantee, there was a short period of time where I was doubtful on 38 Super. I just couldn't find ammo that I liked. Since I legitimately shoot the targets, this was a concern. I was able to lay in a supply of Atlanta Arms that grouped very well.

3. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    Which one of their products did you find works well for you?

4. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    Elite 115gr Minor JHP groups very well.

Mtek, switchback, FWoo45 and 4 others like this.
  5. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    Thank you good sir!

switchback likes this.
  6. P210Guy

P210Guy Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Just another reason to buy an ACW pistol. The man actually shoots the guns that his customer's order to keep quality control in order...Thanks Rob

7. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I shot my Brimstone today for the first time, I'm very impressed, soft shooting (9mm) and extremely accurate.

Here were the first 2 magazines I ever ran, no dry firing, nothing. That's 18 rounds right there.

0807201012.jpg

8. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks for the support guys. Yes, I do shoot all the guns and I have a lead count to prove it! LOL

9. Cleveland B

Cleveland B Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    I finally received training with my ACW Classic Carry in 45ACP.

Only one hiccup and that was due to a magazine that always fails. CC ate everything from Speer GD, Sig VCrown and Wilson Combat Ammo.

The CC is ready to carry. I need about 2 more sessions to feel confident. Shooting paper is great but when I am shooting the 1911 under pressure it is a totally different animal.
    It is an awesome firearm.

9D938AEF-288C-4C4E-A455-48FBEB81135B.png

10. Trashyshoots

Trashyshoots Active Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Darn, no 10mm. Its the only pistol ammo on local shelves atm. Well, that and 40, but lawlno.

11. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    Buying a $3000 pistol because there's available ammo seems kinda weird to me.

12. Robert F. Ciancio Jr.

Robert F. Ciancio Jr. Si vis pacem, para bellum

Jun 25, 2014
    It's funny. When I got my Harp, that I waited three years to get, It came with Amboyna Burl grips. I think they were like 250 bucks if i would have bought them separate. As soon as I got the gun, I switched them out for a set of 75 dollar VZ's. The custom grips have never been on the gun. To each his own I guess.

13. Trashyshoots

Trashyshoots Active Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Im always about a grand away from having more money than brains.

Edit: ordered a dan wesson today in 10mm cause I wanted one, and ammos plentiful around me. :D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    OldCuz and AlchemyCustomWeaponry like this.
  14. OldCuz

OldCuz Raleigh NC Supporting Addict

Mar 22, 2020
    Been thinking. Probably should go on and order a carry.

.45 most likely.

Clean and classy..
    CabotGuns_Alchemy_Command_0014-1.jpg CabotGuns_Alchemy_Command_0015-3.jpg

CabotGuns_Alchemy_Command_0005-3.jpg CabotGuns_Alchemy_Command_0008-2.jpg CabotGuns_Alchemy_Command_0013-5.jpg

Mike Meints, 340pd, JJM7288 and 12 others like this.
  15. Nineteen-ElevenObsession

Nineteen-ElevenObsession Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2020
    Will the stock recoil spring in a 38 Super be okay for Major Power factor AA loads? Or would I need to use a higher weight?

16. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

Nov 4, 2011
    I had always sprung 38 Supers for full power loads. 5" guns would get a 23# mainspring and a 16# recoil spring. Recently, I have heard from shooters that they are hand loading their 38 Super rounds to 9mm power levels. I don't know why you would buy a 38 Super if you want to shoot 9mm ammo but there's always one in every crowd. Nowadays we are springing the 5" guns with a 14# recoil spring and an 18# mainspring so that I can get the guns to cycle with weak ammo. We have boatloads of Armscor 38 Super ammo that is WEAK AF for testing them. I am going to include a set of "full power" springs with the guns if the end user is inclined to embrace their manhood.

17. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    No need to be a douche. What's the point of 38 super if you're loading it down? Like loading .357 down to 38S levels. Nothing wrong with 9mm or 38 special, just sayin. Feel free to take it to PM if you've got an issue. Let's not muddy up the thread bud.

Nice of Rob and the gang to include multiple spring sets so their customers can go from mild to wild and back again. I'm still looking for an original Alchemy gat on a komifornia legal base gun. Someday I'll either find one or move and get a new one.

Mtek, OldCuz, Cop_Out and 3 others like this.
  18. Nineteen-ElevenObsession

Jun 21, 2020
    I shoot the Atlanta Arms Major stuff and it’s 1385. I haven’t seen anything faster. I run it in my Wilson with a flat wire 15#. It’s stellar. And it really doesn’t recoil that much more than the Freedom 135 running at 1200.

19. Nineteen-ElevenObsession

Jun 21, 2020
    I would think the 14# would handle the major stuff just fine, but jumping to 15 or 16 probably doesn’t hurt either.

Good to know I could run it to full potential.

OldCuz and Old Sea Dragon like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted