1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I put my first 160 rounds downrange, through my new Prime Compact. ZERO hiccups, no drama, just... 160 rounds of perfection.
I lubed up usual spots with Wilson Combat Ultima II and fired a mixture of Blazer brass, American Eagle, PMC bronze, and Speer Gold Dot ammo: all in 230 gr.
A little background on my shooting experience: I am 55 yrs old and have been shooting since I was 14 yrs old. I served 7 years in the Airborne Infantry and am a combat veteran. I have taken multiple "fighting" handgun courses and been shooting combat style handguns since 1984. Why do I bring up my experience? Because I have fired and owned handguns from Colt, Beretta, HK, Sig and Glock... S&W revolvers... All the major fighting handguns of the day.
The ACW Prime Compact is the single most accurate, fast, reliable handgun that I have ever owned!!
I used the two factory mags, two Wilson Combat mags and a Colt officer's mag and all performed flawlessly.
I shot slow fire, fast fire, from the draw, and while on the move... this pistol is easily the BEST fighting handgun I have EVER owned!
Zero drama, super tight groups, very fast trigger with minimal reset... everything you would want in a fighting handgun.
No "break in" required, just lube and load and go.
The great undercut grip frame, perfect checkering, U notch rear sight, sweet thumb safety and flawless function... this is my dream gun for concealed carry and I am in love!
Fighting handgun for grownups!!
I carry in a TT Gunleather "Mike's Special" which rides low in the waistband and has extra aggressive cant angle.
LOVE ACW and if I could design my perfect defensive pistol... it IS the prime compact!
(up next: Quantico)

Attachments

· Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention... i shot my Springer Mil-Spec as well.... ummm, yeah... not even in the same stratosphere as the ACW.
I just like the Mil-Spec for the traditional looks.

· Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What’s the price range on one of these?
Roughly 3 grand... give or take. There are options to be had from the builder, which effect the overall price.
Also, I ordered mine from a dealer, which saved me a few hundred dollars vs buying directly from ACW.
The dealer I ordered from allowed me to give a down payment, and the wait time for the pistol was 6 or 7 months, so i paid it off over time.

· Registered
1,523 Posts
I have seen one listed as a two-tone for $3,500 is why I was asking. Seems a little above but might be worth it.
If you go to Alchemy's website, they tell you exactly how much each option is. I believe the two tone hard chrome is $300 ish. I currently have two Alchemy's and they are a superb product. Great review by the way! Sounds like you had a very good time!!

Gesture Hunting knife Everyday carry Wood Knife

White Hood Font Grille Bumper

1 - 16 of 16 Posts