1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step up to the fire and share what you've learned through the years. I pretty much grew up with a gun in my hand. One thing my dad taught me and has followed me through life and military. He once told me, "Son, take care of your guns, and your guns will take care of you!" I treat mine like family and clean after every shooting session and sometimes clean them just to have an excuse to handle them. Always with safety in mind of 'course.:D

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Something my son finds really funny but, adheres to it very well is, "The best safety you can have, is keeping your booger hook off the bang switch!"

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,310 Posts
Something one of the addicts said on here a few years ago. "A gun doesn't need to be comfortable, it needs to provide comfort."

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
One of Colonel Cooper’s quotes “Remember the first rule of gun fighting.......have a gun”

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that might come in handy!:roflmaro::roll:

Reactions: leadfarmer

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Classic line from a classic movie!:thumbs:

·
Pulling my hair.
27,994 Posts
Hunt rub lines until about the 1st of Nov. then hunt doe bedding and feeding spots. Rub lines tell ya where a buck is going. Heading to food sources afternoon spots. Heading back into the woods is a morning spot as he is heading to go to bed.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Do I detect a Euell Gibbons fanboy here?
How many are old enough to remember him? He had this thing for wild hickory nuts.

"Ever eat a pine tree? Most parts are edible!:...

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Yeah well.... back in the ‘70’s when E Gibbons was popular, I was drunk one night and took a bite out of a pine tree. It wasn’t all that good.

Needs salt!

Reactions: xerts1191

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
Shot the most sadistic pistol match today ever. In car-talk, I missed the shift from 2nd to 3rd on one stage.

But more importantly, my two boys are driving in from the coast tomorrow to meet us to bury my MIL's ashes. She was the best grandma to them, and the best MIL to me I could ask for.

And I'll be giving my dad's Colt to the oldest one when he graduates in about one month.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts