Addicts Shoot West Oct 5, 2019

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Scaramouche, Jun 20, 2019.

1. rmac

rmac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 26, 2016
    @livingthelife, Corey, if you like Scotch Bonnets you'll love the Nagas.Flavor is great: to me it's rather smokey with undertones of honey and tangerine. As for the heat, well if you had rubbed one on the exhaust outlet of your rental car it would have roared up the hill in Kentucky.
    If you can make it out to the S.W. shoot I'll bring some along.
    Later, Ron

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    Getting excited for this trip!
    Trying to bring less stuff to this one but narrowing down is getting difficult.
    Pistols n stuff, long range rifle n stuff, shotguns n stuff....
    Fun problem

3. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    Good thing you have em on a paper towel. They'll eat through that foam.
    And leave my Burrito Ladies alone.

UBOATDOC, FWoo45 and Colorado Sonny like this.
  4. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    Parking lots all over New Mexico this time of year!!!!.. By the 50 lb bag.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tarosean, Greg45acp, SparkyAZ and 4 others like this.
  5. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    OK enough with the vegetables..!!
    What ...revolvers will you bring to the shoot?

I will have a 625 or two. Also a Ruger LCR in 357 just to watch Spur's look when it goes off. I know I can suck him in again.
    A 14-3 so I have to listen hard for the ping on the gong. And my S&W 500 Magnum just in case I don't want to listen to anything for an hour or two.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Ohh ohh that smell, can't you smell that smell? The smell of it around you! Ahh yes that smell does get the taste buds going!

7. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    You big time trap shooting experts with them big dollar trap guns may sneer at this farm yard gun which I'll be bringing to Whittington this year. My $70 20 gauge Harrington & Richardson long tom that has never missed a target, any target it was ever pointed at. Yes, the butt pad hangs up on your tee shirt when mounting this lazer at it's mark and that barrel takes on a red hot tinge when you put more than 13 rounds through it, but it will make you smile shooting it. apologies for giving rmac a pablomigraine with this post

P1020174.JPG

P1020175.JPG

P1020173.JPG

P1020171.JPG

And speaking more of the 1911 Addicts West experience this year, after Saturday where we'll be shooting the bejesus out of handguns and rifles, and after sunday when we bust the bejesus out of them clays I'm going fishing.

About 70 miles west of Raton is the Eagle Nest Dam, it collects the drainage of the three main creeks that are the source of the Cimarron River. The Cimarron, between the dam and Ute Park NM is one of the finest trout streams in northern New Mexico for late season October fly fishing.

Cimarron_River_valley.jpg
    Eagle Lake Dam and the start of the Cimarron below the headwaters

Non resident fishing license cost $12 for one day, $24.00 for five plus they stick you with a habitat stamp that costs either $5 or $9. You can buy your license on-line or at the Dept of Fish & Game right there in Raton.

Cimarron_River_south_of_Cimarron,_NM_Picture_2022.jpg

That upper stretch section flows through Cimarron Canyon State Park, abundant with plenty large wildlife, quietude and plenty of rocks for those dharma bums among you to write your Zen koans upon.

haciendaViewJim600.jpg

I'll be bringing extra rods and an extra pair of medium size waders, you just got to figure out your shoes. All are welcome as long as you'll shut the he!! up and fish. Hot black coffee is included.

8. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    What will make me smile will be watching you shoot doubles with it.:grin:

9. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Here we go, you remember how Hercules belittled Jason at the beginning of their tale. Or, if you prefer, in the Land of the Blind, the one eyed man will be King.

livinthelife and Mike Meints like this.
  10. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    No belittling !!
    in the land of BUSY, the single shot gun at the range that is SKEET.

UBOATDOC likes this.
  11. Expert Amateur

Expert Amateur Active Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Damn, this thread has me considering ditching ol’ Virginy and heading west. Lifelong East-coaster from ME to FL. Go west old man.

Colorado Sonny likes this.
  12. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
    You missed the much older Addicts shoot outside of Nicholasville, KY which is usually held in June(?). I doubt we will have a western shoot this year. :(

Mike Meints and limbkiller like this.
  13. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Up near Red River, NM is beautiful country.

UBOATDOC and Weiker like this.
  14. Cimarronkid

Cimarronkid Active Member

Sep 1, 2020
    Dang this sounds like a great time!! I wish that I could make it, I’m not that far from there about 6 hrs. But unfortunately I have an appointment scheduled to have a recall done on my motor home that Friday. I would love to meet the guys that I’ve been reading their posts, plus to do some shooting. I haven’t been able to shoot for three years. Our public range has been closed down for the three years so that the “packing house” can put in a new water treatment plant. This really sucks!
    But maybe next year!

UBOATDOC likes this.
  15. Spur1911

Spur1911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2016
    Since I attended the last two West shoots, I thought I should post to you all. I wish I could go this year, but work has been crazy, and three elderly family members have been struggling a great deal more than last year (senior living situations). There's always next year I suppose.

Thanks again to our point people who always do a great job putting this event together every year. I'll do my very best to see you guys next time around. At this point with the very good attendance this year and last year, I think we have a tradition on our hands. Have a great time y'all.

rmac and Scaramouche like this.
  16. rmac

rmac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 26, 2016
    Jim, will miss hearing your -74 chat.
    Next year for sure something, someway, will happen.
    Will bring some gongs for 300 yd. pistol shooting.
    Ron

17. Spur1911

Spur1911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2016
    Hi Ron,

Good to hear from you. I'm sure it will be a big time. I'll bring the 74 next time out. I have a TON of ammo for it - unlike my pistols. Shooting Long Range steel if pretty fun - even if it's hard to see the target.

Take care,
    Jim

livinthelife and Colorado Sonny like this.
  18. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Did I miss something? Is there a West Shoot scheduled for this year? I thought Whittington was shut down?

@Scaramouche
    @nmbuzz

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  19. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
    NO SHOOT IN 2020.

20. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Thanks Sonny, maybe next year...

rmac likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted