Aftermarket Glock Trigger

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by C5brangus, Oct 28, 2018.

1. C5brangus

C5brangus Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2018
    I have switched over from an EDC X9 to a Gen 5 Glock 19 for my EDC gun. The only reason for this switch is I prefer a RMR on my carry gun. I’m now looking for an aftermarket trigger. I’m used to semi-custom (NHC, Wilson, etc.) 1911 triggers. I know that getting that on a glock is impossible. I’m looking for input though from people who are used to the same kind of triggers. What aftermarket trigger have you found best on your carry Glock?

2. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I've had really good experience with Overwatch TAC trigger kit on my Glock's. It's a factory trigger bar and "-" connector. If you want a lighter pull, you could try changing striker springs.

The flat trigger is more comfortable, and most importantly, the parts do not interfere with any factory safety's. That is one place to do research on with other companies.

griffonsec likes this.

3. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    None..

I run Vanek triggers in all my glocks. But I dont carry any of em.

4. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Zev triggers get good reviews and check out the Glock Store, they are real experts in that area

5. ILift45s

ILift45s New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Apex flat triggers are great! Very positive feel, little overtravel, and the reset is short. I just put an Apex Thin Blue Line flat in my G45. Ordered a Ghost Inc connector and spring package. It’s a completely different pistol and the trigger pull is around 3.5lbs. Put the same setup in my 19X also. Ben Simonson at Boresight Solutions got me hooked on this combination when he did a few custom Glocks for me.

I tried an Overwatch Precision in my Taran Tactical 41 and I didn’t like it at all. It felt like you were throwing a light switch off. Took it out.

I have a few Vanek triggers also. They are nice but very light and reset isn’t as noticeable. If you know what i mean.

6. NPV

NPV Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2017
    What I am going to say will probably go against popular opinion but I think it needs to be said.

Trying to make a Glocks trigger feel like a 1911 is a BAD idea. Glock triggers were designed with a specific weight and length of press in mind to keep them safe. Messing with that combination decreases the safety of the firearm and increases the chance of an ND.

The Gen 5 Glocks have the best factory Glock triggers there are I think some dry fire is your best bet. We all need to remember a Glock is never going to have a trigger like a 1911 and that’s the way it was designed, trying to change it compromises the safety and durability of the firearm.

7. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I thought WC offered the EDC X9 with optional RMR cuts.

Did you contact WC to see if they could mill your slide, or sell you an RMR cut slide?

FWoo45 likes this.
  8. C5brangus

Apr 2, 2018
    Thank y’all for the replies. Yes I did call Wilson. They informed me that they don’t offer the service for the X9 and more than likely never will.

9. C5brangus

Apr 2, 2018
    Thank y’all for the replies. Yes I did call Wilson. They informed me that they don’t offer the service for the X9 and more than likely never will.

10. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    I put the Apex trigger in my gen5 19. It uses the stock glock bar with new flat trigger shoe. I didn't like the Apex connector and used the stock glock "." connector. It has a 4.75lb pull that I live with on a carry pistol.

Chris O likes this.
  11. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    That's too bad... and surprising.

Maybe trade for a double stack Nighthawk or STI with RMR cut... if you want a 1911 like trigger.

Otherwise, as NPV said, learn to deal with the Glock trigger. Glock's long swishy trigger pull is part of its safety system.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  12. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NPV has it correct. Glocks are great guns, but they are what they are. Google Glock .25 trigger job. On my last Glock I just polished the recommended parts and put 500 rounds through it, learning the trigger. Worked just fine. I researched aftermarket triggers for them and there at least 25 different options out there. If you ask on a Glock forum you’ll get dozens more answers with guys telling you their special mixing of parts and home modifications. The Gen 5 trigger is great. If you want an even better striker fired trigger try a Walther PPQ. That’s what I have for self defense.
    Jeff

13. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013

or a gen 1-3..

Sorry girls Glock F'd em up to add backstraps in their effort to play catch up.
    angles on the gen 4 + just are not conducive to a good trigger.

14. NPV

NPV Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Having shot every Glock generation except for the Gen 1 I can say with confidence the Gen 5 trigger is the most superb. It shares almost nothing in common with the Gen 4 trigger as far as parts compatibility goes. Think of it as a light revolver trigger with almost no hard "wall" like the Gen 4 had.

15. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Send your x9 slide to one of our esteemed smiths for an rmr cut. Wilson doesn't have to do it. That being said I'm more than happy with the flat apex Lou put in my g19. It's not a 1911 trigger but it's the best striker fired trigger I've felt. I cant get it to screw up (and I've tried). I dont assume I would have the same luck if I had installed it. I haven't shot a ppq but I'm looking for one to rent.

azpoolguy and ILift45s like this.
  16. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    I don’t have any experience with other Glock triggers. But I have no complaints with this one for its intended purpose. 4495EBD7-6DBB-48DA-A08B-3C11477BFF57.jpeg

FWoo45 likes this.
  17. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Couldn't have said it better. I personally like the Glock trigger for a carry gun and keep a DA/SA for home defense. I want to make sure the first round is not accidental.

limbkiller likes this.
  18. DHD

DHD Well-Known Member

May 30, 2018
    I've been using Hyve Technology triggers lately. All the Gen5 19's here have them installed (Wife's, daughter's, son's, and mine). I figured we all needed a very similar pistol so when the Bride or my daughter were away from home carrying, it didn't matter which gun they grabbed. Uniformity to the extreme.

19. AJP

AJP Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2017
    I have tried a few in my 43, DEM, Overwatch, and SSVI Tyr, due to the stock trigger shape being uncomfortable for me. The DEM wasn't drop safe so it had to go. Overwatch worked great, as does the SSVI, and I find the SSVI Tyr to be the most comfortable.

The earlier post mentioning the trigger feeling light a light switch is pretty spot on in my experience with after market Glock triggers. It works but it is far from my favorite system, there are just so many other polymer pistols with drastically better triggers.

20. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    I’ve had em all- except an Agency.
    Zev was/is my least favorite, Overwatch TAC is by far and away my favorite. The Suarez flat is decent as well.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted