1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Aguila 300BO ammo sux

284 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Bender
Got some Aguila 150gr FMJ for sight in. Jammed almost every shot. No issues with other brands yet. They may work in pistol gassed but not enough port pressure for carbine gassed.

Seems like it would only move bolt back enough to to strip new cartridge, but not to eject the empty casing. So it was trying to wedge a new cartridge in chamber with the empty casing. It was locking that bolt up tight.

Finally fired all rounds to get brass.
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Carbine gas system in a 300 BO is just a nightmare. The problem isn’t the ammo, it’s your gun. I’ve run a few thousand rounds of that ammo with no issues, in multiple guns
Carbine gas system in a 300 BO is just a nightmare. The problem isn’t the ammo, it’s your gun. I’ve run a few thousand rounds of that ammo with no issues, in multiple guns
Had no other issues with any other 150gr, just this brand so far. For hunting I shoot 110gr and 125gr and it runs them like a Singer.
110 and 125 or lighter weight, higher velocity. All I’m saying is in the last 7-8 years of running 300 blackout, I’ve only had problems with rifles that were carbine gas. You will see the same issues with sub-sonic ammo. I’ve ran the 150 grain ammo, not a single issue, in a pistol gas gun.
out of all the finicky rifle/pistol posts it’s always going to be 300BO right?

I’m never going to question another man’s building skills but I will say that I have no issues with that brand running in either of my shorties. and I don’t see many folks complain about that. Maybe they complain about other brands more? Maybe you just got a bad box?
Reactions: 2

I’m never going to question another man’s building skills but I will say that I have no issues with that brand running in either of my shorties. and I don’t see many folks complain about that. Maybe they complain about other brands more? Maybe you just got a bad box?
A weak loading…..that’s a possibility
Yep. Both of mine are pistol length and will shoot whatever I feed it. 110 super to 220 sub. I've shot Aguila also without issues.
No experience with longer barrels in 300blk but I have two shorter uppers and found that the over-gassed one with non-adjustable gas block will run whatever you put in the magazine but a nicer one with adjustible gas block set for light and fast will not cycle heavy and slow.

Do you have an adjustable gas block? May be time to open it up a bit
No experience with longer barrels in 300blk but I have two shorter uppers and found that the over-gassed one with non-adjustable gas block will run whatever you put in the magazine but a nicer one with adjustible gas block set for light and fast will not cycle heavy and slow.

Do you have an adjustable gas block? May be time to open it up a bit
No doubt, over gassed fixes everything and we typically don’t shoot enough to see the wear and tear right?
No doubt, over gassed fixes everything and we typically don’t shoot enough to see the wear and tear right?
Right. Just need a good stiff spring on the extractor

May be, 1st time shooting that brand. Only subsonic I run is 45acp.
A weak loading…..that’s a possibility
What I assumed, maybe loaded for pistol gassed, as it was the only brand 150 I had issue with.
What I assumed, maybe loaded for pistol gassed, as it was the only brand 150 I had issue with.
Hard to say.
Try some other 150 and see.
I think you will have issues at 150gr and heavier.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts