close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AimPoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO)

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by Kokopelli, Aug 20, 2011.

1. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have not, I have a few T1's that I use on my various M4's, but I will say Aimpoint is one of those companies. The kind of company that you can buy anything they offer and its going to be lights out!

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    That's what I'm thinking as well.. Ron

3. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I have a similar model, the ML3. It's a great optic. I use it on my patrol rifle and couldn't be more pleased.

The big decision is generally Aimpoint or EoTech. If you've already decided to go with Aimpoint, pretty much any of their models will be good to go. The 2 MOA dot, as shown on the model you linked, is what I recommend for most work.

That looks like a decent price, too! :smilie:

Andy

4. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Looks like a solid red-dot for the money. Their constant on use is just unbeatable.

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I like it alot, but as usual there's nothing about mounting on the M1A. I've been spending all my time on the 1911 forums lately, rather than the M14 forums. I need to research the topic again.. Cheers.. Ron

6. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I bought my Aimpoint Comp M4 from Larue Tactical and im completely impressed with both companies and their products. I'll be adding the flip-to-the-side magnifier as well by the end of the year.

Like others said, once you can decide on a company (eotech, aimpoint, trijicon) then most models will do the job well.

7. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Zombie thread... :tongueout:

I just picked up an Aimpoint PRO and it looks really solid. So far, i really like the 2MOA red dot. And knowing that it's NV compatible is a plus. So maybe once I get some bigger piggy bank, I'll play w/ NV. :biggrin1:

Just need to get it to the range and sight it in.

8. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    They can be mounted on a M1A......o you want a standard rear mount or a scout mount?

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  9. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I am pretty sure this is how I am going to go for my AR.

Digging the strikefire which is more or less the same thing style and use wise... I just want the constant on.

10. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Congrats! I think you'll love it. It's a very intuitive sighting system. They're easy to zero, too. If yours didn't come with a rubber sleeve/cover, I'd recommend one. They're fairly cheap, like $30 if I remember right, and fairly light.

The 2 MOA dot is lightning fast at fifty yards and in, rather fast at a hundred, and doable at two hundred if you're patient.

Andy

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted