1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to notice this trend that pics of new guns show them all decked out with about as many mods as can be fitted to a pistol. Threaded and/or coated barrels, tac lights, flat triggers, different grips and/or stippled grips with undercuts, and of course a red dot sight with co-witness irons. I suppose I can't figure out if it's all about function or more about having the coolest looking pistol you can configure. Reminds me of an old online image I saw once.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
I'm starting to notice this trend that pics of new guns show them all decked out with about as many mods as can be fitted to a pistol. Threaded and/or coated barrels, tac lights, flat triggers, different grips and/or stippled grips with undercuts, and of course a red dot sight with co-witness irons. I suppose I can't figure out if it's all about function or more about having the coolest looking pistol you can configure. Reminds me of an old online image I saw once.

I started out wanting my Rapide 10mm with the ported slide..magwell..FCS..G10s..etc. And i do still love that gun.. But my taste in 1911s is evolving backweirds..lol. Like more the clean traditional ones now.. And a rail or optic on a 1911 is just so wrong...:(

· Premium Member
9,011 Posts
I don’t know about others….. but I have some that are close to butt ugly as well.

· Registered
1,276 Posts
Threaded: if suppressing, hell yes!!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Coated barrels: ok fine, these are for looks, but if you're going for the blacked out or blinged out look, you have to go all the way.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Tac lights: since taking a night fight course, yes lights on guns. Guns on lights. Lights on lights with guns. You get the idea.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

flat triggers: with a high grip and undercut, I end up with my trigger finger bent at a downward angle touching the top of the trigger face. So yes, I see flat triggers as an ergonomic improvement.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Font Gun accessory

different grips and/or stippled grips with undercuts: more traction, higher grip = more control, better follow-through, faster follow-up shots

Trigger Wood Air gun Gun barrel Wood stain

and of course a red dot sight with co-witness irons: If you can get used to them, red dots help you squeeze out more precision.

Wood Gun barrel Handgun holster Gun accessory Fashion accessory

minus the barrel coatings, it all sounds pretty functional to me....

· Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,917 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts