AK rear sight wobble, can this be fixed?

Discussion in 'AR Forum' started by Alexy, Mar 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    My rifle's rear sights are loose, or wobbly ever since I had it refinished. I know this isn't good because it'll affect the sight picture and accuracy. It shifts from left to right and seems kind of loose.

Is there a way to fix this if anybody knows? It's your standard rear leaf sight. and it's a wasr 10/63 if that helps.

Thank you all for your support!

2. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    If the rear sight is held on by a roll pin you can probably remove it and either use a new one or one size larger and replace it. That may tighten it up.

Alexy likes this.

3. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Yes if you mean the cylindrical thing you use to set the distance. The removable part doesn't look like it fits on the rifle anymore. It didn't have the problem before I got it refinished.

It does fit but there is a lot of play now and it seems more loose when I lift the sight up.

Is a new rear sight in order?

4. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    No, I’m talking about what holds the whole rear sight onto the gun not the elevation adjuster. Is there a roll pin or rivet holding it on? This can possibly be where the play is coming from.

5. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Yes friend, the play is where the sight is hinged, you know, where it snaps in to the holes that it can move up and down on. I presume this is the roll pin you spoke of. It also looks like it has ample room between the edges of the mounting place it sits on top of.

There is a metal thing underneath it that is supposed to act as a spring so it will stay sturdy but it seems to have lost its strength greatly.

PS: don't misunderstand. I'm grateful for your help. You're the only one whose answered so far.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted