1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-FUnB8Jr2h/?igshid=1a7d59gkb9mro
I adopted this guy today. It’s my second Alchemy Custom Prime. I let the first one go and regretted it since. I’ve owned a dozen full size 1911’s at least $1000-$2000 more than this Prime yet the only one I regretted losing was the Prime. Starting from the top, the sights are perfect. The front sight has a white dot that I didn’t think I would like, yet I love it now that I have it. The rear sight has the U notch just wide enough to let enough light in to acquire the front. The beveling of the sides on this rear sight is the best I’ve seen. It gets rid of that seemingly useless “meat” that doesn’t flow with the top of the slide. The top of the slide is finished with just enough matte to eliminate glare without the fancy full length serrations. The top is also left round, just perfectly plain and simple. The flats on the slide are just that, absolutely flat, blued perfectly, and polished enough to keep you staring at it for hours. The markings on the slide are tastefully done. I especially liked the scripted “Alchemy Custom Weaponry”. Alchemy’s logo is at the rear, again, tastefully done. The barrel fit is just magnificent! There is no wiggle or play in it anywhere from hood to bushing. The frame is dehorned tastefully. It’s just enough to get the job done without going overboard with the extravagant chamfers other higher end 1911’s have. The ironwood grips that I planned on giving away were surprisingly nice, so nice that I’ve decided to keep them on for good. The front strap and mainspring housing have this comfort carry checkering that just plain works. There is plenty of bite yet has the edges left with just the horizontal cuts which doesn’t rip your shirts up. The slide to frame fit is so good it makes me want to just sit there and rack it back and forth all afternoon. There is no grit or stickiness to the fit at all. The trigger work really surprised me. It is so clean I had no idea when it would break. I took up what little slack there was and the shot broke, never giving me a chance to screw up. Alchemy has made a 1911 just like they said they would, with everything you need and nothing you don’t. The magic in this 1911 is in it’s simplicity and the proof of this is when you hold one and shoot it. I’m saving up for the next one already!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,016 Posts
Very nice, the finish appears exceptional. Post some pics so we don't have to jump to IG :)

Reactions: simonp and colrhino

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
It looks very nice. Am eagerly awaiting my Custom Classic (i.e. Commander) from them.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
Sorry but I just had to look at that gun again it is exactly what a 1911 was intended to look like

No Bling PURE CLASS!!!! Congrats
I gotta double down with double diamond. That thing is elegant and classy looking. I love the white hammer with the polished blue.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
Sublime.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ACW303 with Stan Chen beavertail, thumb safety, and magwell installed along with a Guncrafters gold bead front sight. The beavertail took some time to install due to the blending I had to do. It was well worth the effort to get such a fine grip. I used a half round needle file to shape the frame as well as remove a fraction of the grip to blend it all in. The back edges and the beavertail had to be sanded down and reblued with Oxpho. I put on about 12 coats while carding in between each coat. The next time I sand one down, I would stop at 400 or 600 grit rather than take it to a mirror polish with 1500 grit! I would also invest in a good set of 6 inch files rather than use a cheap set of 4 inch needle files I had laying around though. From start to finish, it took me about 3 days to complete this. I really like the color that the Oxpho gives this gun. It sure turned my fingers black enough though! The thumb safety and grip safety were the only things that I did not like about this gun as is. It took me a year just to save enough to buy an Alchemy Custom and it was well worth it. I cannot say enough about Alchemy Custom except that they make a mighty fine 1911! I’ve had this gun apart at least a dozen times and have not seen one errant file or machine mark.
37A87F80-793D-4D34-AF85-3F6E904F94A9.jpeg
69A44010-C6EC-45AD-BC11-BC9EEEE82E21.jpeg
F987C946-B0A0-4929-A421-1832DC362A84.jpeg
AC7AD1FD-8F5C-4B0D-87A2-7D44246C8480.jpeg

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
This gun is so beautiful , I had to do a screenshot of it ... I may have posted it on a welcome thread ;). I at least admitted it wasn’t mine.

·
Batteries_included
358 Posts
I still have 5/6 months to wait.:frown: But will enjoy all the pics of yours and everybody else's. Getting the urge to order a Prime two tone????, without even seeing my first.
I ordered a Classic Carry Feb 3rd and needed to contain myself until Sept. 3rd, so I found an 'in-stock' Prime Elite to tide me over until then. Can't wait until the Little Brother shows up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous pistols! Classic, simple and elegant. I love that they use the old 1918 frame design with no scallop beside the trigger. Can't recall anyone else doing this. Anyone know where there get their frames, or are they manufactured in house?

·
Registered
62 Posts
My bad, I see on their website that their frames and slides are made to their spec. Beautiful pistols. One day perhaps!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts