1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having made my Clevinger Colt WC Commander my EDC piece I'm putting the Alchemy HOD Springfield LW Champion on the block.

Forum member c.helm had Alchemy build the gun in early 2012, this is the first pistol they built on the Hand of Doom "concept" - https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/may-i-introduce-the-hand-of-doom.3777/ . I bought it from sigsauerstx shortly after he got it and HOD #2 from Chris in January 2017. I spoke to Chris about the gun and he had only put a couple of hundred rounds through it. I carried it far more than I shot it, I put 2 or 3 boxes through it when I first got it to make sure it ran and shot well and it spent the rest of the time being carried. I've been carrying the Colt since I got it back a few months ago and the HOD has been sitting in the safe so now it's time to pass it on to someone else.

It is an outstanding carry gun - lightweight, reliable, accurate - the slight melt makes it very comfortable to carry and the checkering is very nice and "grippy". The sights are a 10-8 U notch rear and XS big dot tritium front, very easy to pick up and the sight picture is excellent. The gun was cerakoted by Lou at BEC but it has been carried often and the finish is showing some holster/carry wear. The gun is as I rec'd it except for Harrison slim grips and a new from Springfield recoil spring assembly with zero rounds on it.

SOLD $1750 del'd to your FFL via FedEx overnight. I ship direct so make sure they'll take a gun from an individual and that it is legal to own where you are. It will come in it's original Springfield box with one mag. The only trade I would be interested in is a Galil ACE in .308. Thanks for looking!

This link is to an album full of pics, including the build pics from Alchemy's page - https://photos.app.goo.gl/6LMzxogc1H63LjuUA

·
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts