1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
797 Posts
Nothing specific on the way it was fit, I just got the better than 1" option since it was available at that time.

So, you purchased the hard fit option, but it's the "least hard fit." I guess it's easy to rack, maybe? Looks like you hit the Alchemy lottery with that one, and I bet it would be easy to sell with the commentary on the target. .

· Registered
797 Posts
Two days ago, I shot up all my .45 range ammo. I cast six hundred bullets last week, but I haven't had time to powder coat and load them.

A couple of weeks ago, while digging through my reloading room, I found close to eight hundred 230 gr. FMJ bullets I bought for next to nothing about a year ago. A detective at work had decided to consolidate to 9mm only and offered me his .45 projectiles. I told him I had no interest unless they were priced dirt cheap. He couldn't find a buyer, so he sold them to me for very little. I had completely forgotten about them until finding them recently.

This morning I made a handful of them to test in the ACW. A load of 5.4 gr. of Win231 performed wonderfully in the gun. I'll get the rest of these knocked out in no time.

· Registered
797 Posts
Oh I actually really liked the look of the wood grips that come with the Primes haha...
I would be using the Primary Compact as a carry gun, so even though are considered "meh", how are they in terms of grip? especially for sweaty hands?

I just ditched the original checkered grips on my ACW for a pair from High Figure, and the High Figures have a better-quality checkering to them. They've made a noticeable improvement to the feel of the gun. My factory pair had a very mild checkering to them.

· Registered
797 Posts
Ah ok, I was just confused as he mentioned his hand size limited his choice so I thought that meant the blued model was larger
A while back an individual claimed his hard chromed 1911 required bigger holsters which isn't the case. It may have been a reference to that claim as it's become a running joke.

· Registered
797 Posts
My neighbor left this little target at my range, so I gave it a go at 25 yards with some of my homemade round ball. I seldom shoot that distance, so I'm not complaining. Plus, I'm so used to three dot Trijicons on my duty guns, this gold bead set up has been a big adjustment for me (I gotta have an excuse...). The small holes are from his .22.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts