1911 Firearm Addicts banner

241 - 260 of 316 Posts

·
born in the wrong century
4,051 Posts
AHHHHH HELL YEAH!!!!!! :):):):)
My first ACW, a Prime, came today and I really just can't stop admiring it! Even now as I am typing this. Fit and finish is exactly what it should be. The checkering although a finer LPI, which I normally can't notice, has a modest grip texture and is perfectly executed. I have always thought the blueing job done on Rob's pistols was one of the best out there, but all the polishing that was done for the Turnbull charcoal blueing puts this several rungs above. I opted for the parts to be done in this finish also instead of the nitre blue and their more matte look are a nice compliment to the polished look of the rest of the gun. Won't know the range details for a bit but that's OK cause I'll never be able to shoot it as good as the supplied target. Told the OL not to bother me with anything less than a possible amputation or a stroke as I needs me some bonding time.
And I know :pics: but no pics yet as it hasn't stopped raining here since yesterday morning.

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!

Really looking forward to seeing your new gem.

I hope I can take a good pic of it, hard to do most times especially with subpar photography skills.

Take dozens and post 'em all up. :)

Can't wait to see it.

Reactions: DWdude

·
Batteries_included
358 Posts
I opted for the parts to be done in this finish also instead of the nitre blue and their more matte look are a nice compliment to the polished look of the rest of the gun.
I really like this choice. Blue is my favorite color but the Nitre Blue is just too bright of a Blue, especially in contrast. Now that you have yours, what color would you call the Charcoal? It quickly became my favorite to look at.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Might be a good way to get back to the 1911 world eventually. I’m always concerned 9mm won’t run in the 1911 but as I’m getting older my hands and arms hurt more than they used to. Less felt recoil would be awesome.
Prime Elite 9mm 2 tone sounds fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Might be a good way to get back to the 1911 world eventually. I’m always concerned 9mm won’t run in the 1911 but as I’m getting older my hands and arms hurt more than they used to. Less felt recoil would be awesome.
Prime Elite 9mm 2 tone sounds fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 2 guncrafter, 1 rogers colt, 1 Springfield operator, prime and had a nighthawk agent 2...all in 9mm. All have been flawless, the colt was good to go prior to the custom work. I think most have figured out how to make them run without issue.

·
Batteries_included
358 Posts
@DWdude , I am lovin' it! I think the pics of your Charcoal Blue Prime turned out great! I look very hard at the SK mammoth ivory every time he posts a new set, but haven't quite sold myself on buying me some. Yours look perfect on that Prime. My PE slide got a little easier to rack after 100 rounds. This old man no longer needs help racking that one. My Classic Carry, however, is another story.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
@1911_Bandit
His mammoth is beautiful, I got the clear as I'm not big on figure with this look. That's why on all my American Holly grips I ask for no grain and the whitest color they have. They were worth the price. Mine is hard to rack, just cleaned and oiled it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pictures look great! Thanks. I've been debating, and talked to Nick about it, changing from the nitre blue parts to the charcoal. I really love the way yours looks. Still struggling though as the nitre blue really pops. Thanks for posting. Steve

·
Batteries_included
358 Posts
Still struggling though as the nitre blue really pops. Thanks for posting. Steve
I chose the same selection as DWdude, with the Charcoal Blue for everything. I wanted the subtle difference between polished and unpolished, and the Nitre Blue was just too sharp of a contrast for me. Hey, it's your soon-to-be-awesome pistol! Get it with the Nitre Blue! It will really stand out for you.

241 - 260 of 316 Posts