1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1421 - 1440 of 1485 Posts

·
born in the wrong century
8,171 Posts
dnugget,
NICE GUNZ!!!

question on your Chip McCormick Power Mags. are you using the traditional Power Mags or the Power Mags Plus?

The reason I ask, I have a high use Springer MC Operator where I used exclusively traditional Power Mags. Approximately 15K through the tube and likely double dry fire with a lot of mag insertions. Unbeknownst to me, the pointed tip follower dinged up my frame just below the feed ramp. I don't believe it was worn mag feed lips, but just the inherent way those followers act when empty (meaning they move fwd and the pointed follower contacts the frame).

I don't ever recall this causing any issues, and most recently I felt that area raised, and I dressed it flat.

I also bought some Power Mag Plus mags that have a rounded follower.

While I am not worried about my MCOP frame as this piece has been driven hard, however just providing a heads up on your ACWs if you plan to use them hard.

Huge thanks for the heads up. (y) (y) (y) (y)

Arrived at the LGS today. These one makes #3 for my little Alchemy family. View attachment 971771

Sexy beast !!!!

I believe that's the first chrome Quantico Doublestack that I've seen. Mighty sharp.

Ordered my HC Prime Elite on 6/21 and picked it up today. Exactly 10 months. The hard chrome is gorgeous. Pics don’t do it justice. So glad I went that route with it. View attachment 977304
View attachment 977306

Sweet pair.

I couldn't decide on hard chrome or blue on my first ACW......so I'm doing a mixta. Boff' in one. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Picked up my Prodigy this evening. I need to change out the ACW standard shoes. I can't wait to get to the range with this one but I am a little apprehensive after seeing the test target. Don't think I can do that on my best day. View attachment 982229 View attachment 982230
Amazing! And the little note at the bottom is a neat touch! Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Picked up my Prodigy this evening. I need to change out the ACW standard shoes. I can't wait to get to the range with this one but I am a little apprehensive after seeing the test target. Don't think I can do that on my best day. View attachment 982229 View attachment 982230
Fantastic pistol and the target and note make this one a keeper!! Dibs if you ever sell it!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nothing specific on the way it was fit, I just got the better than 1" option since it was available at that time.

So, you purchased the hard fit option, but it's the "least hard fit." I guess it's easy to rack, maybe? Looks like you hit the Alchemy lottery with that one, and I bet it would be easy to sell with the commentary on the target. .

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Finally got around to taking pictures of my Prodigy. Picked it up in Vegas last year, and it’s probably my favorite looking ACW. I carry the Quantico Hi-Cap and tbf prefer it to my NHC.

Attachments

1421 - 1440 of 1485 Posts