1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1921 - 1940 of 2230 Posts

· Registered
ACW Hi-cap is the latest one.
696 Posts
they should discontinue the 1000 lumen model and just focus on building turbos.
I watched a video the Werkz Holster guys put out (they do lots of light testing) on it and it sure was blinding but didn't seem to have much spill, so was very curious what someone I respect thinks about it.

· Registered
ACW Hi-cap is the latest one.
696 Posts
we did night quals a few weeks ago and I have an old 600 lumen on my duty MCOP.

they were making fun of my dim light. I am buying a 1000 lumen X300 from a coworker.

Remember waaaaaaay back when and Surefire said 60 lumes was enough to blind and assailant?

· Registered
150 Posts
I watched a video the Werkz Holster guys put out (they do lots of light testing) on it and it sure was blinding but didn't seem to have much spill, so was very curious what someone I respect thinks about it.
I work patrol on graveyard shift in an urban and rural environment. I prefer the hot spot. Helps me see threats through tinted windows or when headlights are flashing directly at me. The 1000lumen model Surefire or HL Streamlight fails miserably in these conditions. I run a modlite at work but the x300 turbo performs the same.

· Registered
556 Posts
I run a modlite at work but the x300 turbo performs the same.
thank you for your service!

what Modlite you running?

OKW or PLHv2

I don't know enough about Modlite as to the difference between the longer vs shorter body.

While I am back on the street after 16 years of driving a desk, we are shorthanded, and I find myself responding to calls and 58s.

While my lights are decent, they are nowhere near that much candela offered by Modlite.

· Registered
150 Posts
thank you for your service!

what Modlite you running?

OKW or PLHv2

I don't know enough about Modlite as to the difference between the longer vs shorter body.

While I am back on the street after 16 years of driving a desk, we are shorthanded, and I find myself responding to calls and 58s.

While my lights are decent, they are nowhere near that much candela offered by Modlite.
I use the PLHv2 head on my pistol (Staccato P) and a OKW on my patrol rifle.

· Registered
770 Posts
ACW 616. Hard chrome frame with DLC slide. Steve Owens flattened and serrated the slide top and added the white ball front sight. I added the Stan Chen rear sight as the ACW was modified for a prior owners needs. I have a Harrison flat trigger that I’d like to add, but not sure I want to A: give up the ACW fit or B: how a flat trigger will dance with the squared trigger guard. Time will tell. I also prefer checkered grips for shooting so will likely be adding some Gaboon Ebony from High Figure before too long.

Brown Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun accessory

Wood Gas Metal Tool Nickel

Wood Tool Gas Auto part Blade

· Registered
244 Posts
For the past month the Alchemy Pro 2.0 has been my EDC in a Summer Special 2.

The previous owner had put a fiber optic front sight on it. I reinstalled the gold bead front sight that originally came with the gun, I prefer gold beads and it's blended perfectly to the slide. Also put back the Ahrends grips that shipped on the gun, I prefer the texture and they just look "right" for a Pro inspired gun.

It's just a work of art and @RCSchauland really did a great job taking the now classic Springfield Professional and updating the concept.

1921 - 1940 of 2230 Posts