1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Alchemy Custom picture thread

Alchemy Custom Weaponry 
374K views 3K replies 331 participants last post by  Lovetheguns 
#1 ·
It would be great to have one place to browse through ACW pictures, so please post what you have. Both pre and post Cabot guns are welcome!

My small collection of customized LB Concept 8, customized S&W PC lightweight round-tail, plus Anomaly. All commanders.

Close up of Anomaly

What this model is meant for

See less See more
#259 ·
Still struggling though as the nitre blue really pops. Thanks for posting. Steve
I chose the same selection as DWdude, with the Charcoal Blue for everything. I wanted the subtle difference between polished and unpolished, and the Nitre Blue was just too sharp of a contrast for me. Hey, it's your soon-to-be-awesome pistol! Get it with the Nitre Blue! It will really stand out for you.

#266 ·
Ok range day report.
This is a beautifully crafted piece and I already alluded to that in a previous post. Now the workings. Hard fit but rackable, no doing push ups on it like some. I'm used to a 1911 grip style as that is what I shoot 90%+ of the time so usually it is just the different orientation of the sights for me to get accustomed to. So out of the box this one worked well for my vision quirks. I like the wider notch in the rear sight which I upgraded to the plain adjustable one since it seems I always have to tweak to get my POI to match POA. Well not so much here, could have saved on this option, but the sight is well made and wouldn't be obtrusive for carry purposes. The font sight I opted for the gold bead more for the classic look, but also from all the positive reports of others. I have never shot one myself so I don't mind trying a new thing. The looks are what I wanted and I shot pretty well with it but maybe it's the lighting in my range. It is ahead of my hold and I didn't pick up the gold as good as one of my white outline Trijicon lamps. Maybe I will stand further ahead in the stall next time. I will also see when I get to go outside with it. This did not hinder as I was taught to line up the top of the front sight not the dot. Now the trigger. Clean, yes. Crisp, yes. Lightweight pull, yes. Those are the three main points to most but the best description for myself would be effortless. I swear if I didn't hear the round go off I might have had to look at the target for the extra hole in it. I have triggers close to this in maybe three of all the 1911's I have. Two things here that I could pettily mention would be for a tad less take up and the shoe has up and down movement. No rattle but noticeable movement at the shoe. As they say 'Quality is remembered long after the price has been forgotten' .... the wait and cost are already fading from my memory.

This is the supplied target from ACW, I was intimidated to shoot it beforehand. Didn't think I could live up to it.
Pattern Red Line Carmine Rectangle

But the pistol made a better marksman out of me. Had to settle in after the first couple of shots.
Household appliance accessory Circle Sewing machine Office supplies Design

200gr SWC 25 rounds 35' And the comfort/grip of the ivories is as good as the looks.

#2,444 ·
Ok range day report.
This is a beautifully crafted piece and I already alluded to that in a previous post. Now the workings. Hard fit but rackable, no doing push ups on it like some. I'm used to a 1911 grip style as that is what I shoot 90%+ of the time so usually it is just the different orientation of the sights for me to get accustomed to. So out of the box this one worked well for my vision quirks. I like the wider notch in the rear sight which I upgraded to the plain adjustable one since it seems I always have to tweak to get my POI to match POA. Well not so much here, could have saved on this option, but the sight is well made and wouldn't be obtrusive for carry purposes. The font sight I opted for the gold bead more for the classic look, but also from all the positive reports of others. I have never shot one myself so I don't mind trying a new thing. The looks are what I wanted and I shot pretty well with it but maybe it's the lighting in my range. It is ahead of my hold and I didn't pick up the gold as good as one of my white outline Trijicon lamps. Maybe I will stand further ahead in the stall next time. I will also see when I get to go outside with it. This did not hinder as I was taught to line up the top of the front sight not the dot. Now the trigger. Clean, yes. Crisp, yes. Lightweight pull, yes. Those are the three main points to most but the best description for myself would be effortless. I swear if I didn't hear the round go off I might have had to look at the target for the extra hole in it. I have triggers close to this in maybe three of all the 1911's I have. Two things here that I could pettily mention would be for a tad less take up and the shoe has up and down movement. No rattle but noticeable movement at the shoe. As they say 'Quality is remembered long after the price has been forgotten' .... the wait and cost are already fading from my memory.

This is the supplied target from ACW, I was intimidated to shoot it beforehand. Didn't think I could live up to it. View attachment 627525
But the pistol made a better marksman out of me. Had to settle in after the first couple of shots. View attachment 627527
200gr SWC 25 rounds 35' And the comfort/grip of the ivories is as good as the looks.
This is charcoal blue?

#267 ·
Great report! By the way, i recall you added the clear mammoth ivory grips to replace the original white ones it came with. They look great, but wondered if after the fact you think it was worth getting the new grips? I'm considering ordering some, but then thought I'd wait until I get it and see if I want to upgrade. Thanks.

#269 · (Edited)
Thanks for the report.
Yet another fine example of ACW’s take on the 1911.

I sir, am as impressed with your
marksmanship as I am with the pistol.
Unlike myself, you truly can put a pistol as fine
as is the subject of this thread to the test.

Although I never have, and never will be able to put a
gun like an ACW to the test as you, as an 1911 Addict and wannabe collector, I can appreciate the craftsmanship of a great performing, well built, traditional 1911.

Having both a Prime and Classic Carry, both in 45, I was interested in your report.
I look forward to a PE and CC in 38 Super I have on order.

#270 ·
Thanks for the compliment but the pistol makes it easy, I just hope all my others when they come in have a trigger like this one. I know Rob won't let any aesthetically/mechanically challenged ones escape. I opted for the accuracy guarantee on all of them that had that option because Rob says he puts his hands on all of them. So maybe the trigger is set by him. Hopefully the commander length ones will have the same trigger feel. May have to give him a heads up when they come up in line!:)

#271 ·
Well I had two ACW PEs in 45. Blued and Hard Chrome. Kept the HC and sold the other to a Forum Member. Just had to have a 9mm PE so I picked this one up from a dealer this week.

Gun Firearm Trigger Ammunition Gun accessory

It came with black checkered grips and I replaced them with these Mammoth Ivory grips from Boone Trading.

Now the hard part ... waiting on a ACW Classic Carry in 38 Super I ordered early in July

#272 ·
Well I had two ACW PEs in 45. Blued and Hard Chrome. Kept the HC and sold the other to a Forum Member. Just had to have a 9mm PE so I picked this one up from a dealer this week.

View attachment 651965

It came with black checkered grips and I replaced them with these Mammoth Ivory grips from Boone Trading.

Now the hard part ... waiting on a ACW Classic Carry in 38 Super I ordered early in July
Had to too.
Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White

#288 ·
#293 ·
Here's one I had Rob work over when he was doing custom work on his own, I got to know Rob trough this site and had seen his work and was impressed with what I saw. I never met him personally only in phone calls and PM's here, but we decided after a few conversations here and by email as to what I wanted done. This started out as a new LES BAER UTC, I ran about 1500rnds. down it and decided I wanted to totally re-do it over. We discussed finish and what parts I wanted and this is what we came up with. Charcoal Bluing on Slide and Frame w/ Nitride Blue accents, Screws, Thumb Safety and Slide Stop. Finished off w/ VZ Carbon Fiber Grips. This is the only 1911 that I regret letting go of, I miss it to this day. Here are the only pics. I have of it after receiving it back from him.
Yellow Gun Firearm Trigger White
Yellow Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory

#294 ·
You all do some dandy shootin' and some dandy photography. I thank you all for your contributions. I wish I could meet every single one of you guys. Maybe we'll have to do an ACW Bash one of these here days.
Don’t forget me!!! I’m saving up for one of these little honey’s!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk