1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Addicts, haven't done a range report or review in a while but felt I should get this thread started now although range report will be this weekend.

Towards the end of 2017 I saw that Alchemy Customs was coming back with a few limited models, at $2600 I sent in my deposit and got in line. I was lucky enough to attend Shot Show this year and Kyle Alberda from ACW was there at the Cabot booth and showed me the new Alchemy models and that really got me excited. Side note ran into Kyle at the NRA convention in Dallas also, he's a hell of a nice guy with a very visible passion for the 1911 platform (and pinball machines).

OK, so here we go, picked this up tonight from my FFL @TXP8RIOT , thanks again Mark, and came home for a little fondling time ;)

Initial impressions
- Great fit and finish - Clean classic look. Love the bluing
- VERY clean trigger break and reset
- Love the undercut trigger guard
- Slide to frame tight as expected
- Barrel fit is fantastic

The best way I can think to describe it, if you take your new Springfield Pro custom shop, take it to the range and shoot 300 rounds through it then take it home and clean it... That's what it feels like. Fantastic barrel lockup but not like a new Pro and I mean that in a good way. It has that great lockup we love in the pro but you can tell a little extra time was spent on the barrel lugs to make it just dam near perfect.

Guys, did I mention this is an under 3k 1911! I don't think there is a better value to be found. Highly recommend anyone looking for a GREAT solid built 1911 at any price range to check it out.

@AlchemyCustomWeaponry Rob and Team GREAT job! I appreciate the blood sweat and tears you and your guys put into it! Range report coming soon and here are some pics!

· Registered
722 Posts
Looks fantastic! Definitely looking to order one of these in the near future. Congrats and Happy Shooting!

Reactions: Kyle Burt

· Registered
6,704 Posts
Hey Addicts, haven't done a range report or review in a while but felt I should get this thread started now although range report will be this weekend.

Towards the end of 2017 I saw that Alchemy Customs was coming back with a few limited models, at $2600 I sent in my deposit and got in line. I was lucky enough to attend Shot Show this year and Kyle Alberda from ACW was there at the Cabot booth and showed me the new Alchemy models and that really got me excited. Side note ran into Kyle at the NRA convention in Dallas also, he's a hell of a nice guy with a very visible passion for the 1911 platform (and pinball machines).

OK, so here we go, picked this up tonight from my FFL @TXP8RIOT , thanks again Mark, and came home for a little fondling time ;)

Initial impressions
- Great fit and finish - Clean classic look. Love the bluing
- VERY clean trigger break and reset
- Love the undercut trigger guard
- Slide to frame tight as expected
- Barrel fit is fantastic

The best way I can think to describe it, if you take your new Springfield Pro custom shop, take it to the range and shoot 300 rounds through it then take it home and clean it... That's what it feels like. Fantastic barrel lockup but not like a new Pro and I mean that in a good way. It has that great lockup we love in the pro but you can tell a little extra time was spent on the barrel lugs to make it just dam near perfect.

Guys, did I mention this is an under 3k 1911! I don't think there is a better value to be found. Highly recommend anyone looking for a GREAT solid built 1911 at any price range to check it out.

@AlchemyCustomWeaponry Rob and Team GREAT job! I appreciate the blood sweat and tears you and your guys put into it! Range report coming soon and here are some pics!

Looking forward to your report!

· Registered
240 Posts
Random unsolicited opinions ahoy!
  1. That has to be the most drastic undercut I've seen outside a plastic SV grip I saw once. Wow! I wonder if there's a way to make it look more organic? It might just look worse that way though, I'm not sure.
  2. Love the look of that checkering too, with the borders and extending the horizontal lines all the way to the grips like that.
  3. Smooth trigger with no overtravel screw hole would be right up my alley. Don't get why everyone doesn't do these, honestly.
  4. I get the rationale behind the trend to ledge type sights, but I generally hate how they all look. This one is the most "organic" looking of the bunch though; from some angles it looks like it just sort of naturally grows out of the gun.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.