1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Up for sale is my Alchemy Custom Weaponry modified Colt retro'd by Rob back in 2015.

What you get:
1. Gun with the original factory grips, one factory Colt 7 round magazine. I'll throw in a brand new Wilson ETM so it goes out with two mags to buyer.

2. All the original parts that came with the gun, plus the Colt blue box, receipt for work performed at Alchemy. (Not the original plastic mainspring housing because that was trash and went in the trash as soon as I brought the gun home after purchase)

3. All spare parts that are bearcoated as identified in the work order.

How much: $1,900.00 shipped FFL to FFL via cashier's check or PayPal F&F

Notes: The gun has a total of 2,242 rounds through it since I purchased it, 1,242 since it was with Rob. There is cosmetic wear on the gun because it was in and out of the holster alot for some IDPA matches and practicing. It did always come with me to the range but was rarely shot more than 2 mags here and there for the last 3 years. In fact, last it was shot was October of 2019. I'd rather it go to someone who will appreciate it instead of it languishing in the safe.

Let me know if you have any questions or are looking for additional specific photos.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Nicer looking with the honest wear! Anything done by Rob is a bargain at this price. Who added the long trigger? I didn't see it on the invoice.

GLWS

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nicer looking with the honest wear! Anything done by Rob is a bargain at this price. Who added the long trigger? I didn't see it on the invoice.

GLWS
That's the stock trigger with the 1991. It's actually quite nice and a helluva crisp break on the action. Rob also did a little modding to the hammer to shorten it up just enough to not have any hammer bite in me web when I got really high on the gun.

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Awesome build. A couple questions:
1. What’s the rear sight?
2. What is that finish? I am not familiar with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome build. A couple questions:
1. What’s the rear sight? Harrison Retro
2. What is that finish? I am not familiar with it. Bearcoat. It is a paint-on finish like cerakote if my memory serves me correctly. I intended to carry it daily and wanted something that if I wasn't married to the finish long term that I could change it after enough wear. I also believe (though don't quote me) that this was similar to the Baer S.R.P. finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
867 Posts
Nice gun. Bear Coat was supposed to be similar to Birdsong’s Black-T. The early SRP’s had Black-T. After that it was Bear Coat.

Reactions: simonp and JohnK

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
There are 2 different mainspring housings on the pistol in different pics. Which is currently on the pistol?

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
867 Posts
I’m not the OP but I’m seeing only one arched with a lanyard loop…

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I’m not the OP but I’m seeing only one arched with a lanyard loop…
You are right at first glance the pic after the invoice looked like a flat mainspring. Maybe I need new glasses lol.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Really surprised that this is still here!!

GLWS

Reactions: OneEyedTanker
1 - 18 of 18 Posts