1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
...Terminal Addict
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I have been living under a rock... however I just found out Alchemy Custom Weaponry has a channel on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHRKWmkpzVsKX4ovjA7_Zbg

I am guessing it is not well known, as they only have 257 subs.
Just watched all of the videos... it is pretty awesome to see Rob talk about his creations, methods, and madness.

Just thought I would pass the link along for anyone who wishes to check out the channel.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Channel started in Sep 17, 2019. So, it's relatively new.

Reactions: villdetwink and Kip

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Nice method for field stripping a 1911. I'm embarrassed that I didn't learn this sooner. I've been naively wrenching away on the bushing with a (polymer) bushing wrench.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
That is a good video of the takedown method and works most of the time - UNLESS you own a Les Baer. You better have a wrench for those pistols.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Wilson also shows that method to field strip except he turns the bushing the the barrel all the way forward at one point.

I was shown that many years ago as the way to field strip a 70 Series Gold Cup with the collet or "finger" barrel bushing and never to turn the bushing while the barrel was in battery.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
They also have a presence on FB where you can watch the videos. It is one of the reasons I ordered a Classic Carry.

Reactions: Cop_Out
1 - 8 of 8 Posts