1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my first Les Baer today and it's freaking sweet! Glad that I could pick this up from SigSauerSTX and I'm really looking forward to getting it out on the range. Also happy to finally have something that was touched by Alchemy Custom.

First picture looks like a ton of finish wear on the slide but it's just the lighting. I was told that the slide stop has been replaced since leaving Alchemy and it does have a slightly different color than the rest of the gun but doesn't look bad at all.

IMG_8812.JPG
IMG_8819.JPG
IMG_8820.JPG

The slide is Tri-Topped and serrated with an Arrow pattern. A XS Standard Tritium dot sits at the front and is really nice.

IMG_8816.JPG

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gents :)

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You certainly have a knack for picking up some cool stuff
Thanks Stogies. Sometimes what I pick up doesnt last me long but that's okay... that's why we're addicts ;)

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's one bad Baer. Freaking sweet.
Thanks, I picked it up from my FFL just minutes before you posted yours for sale. After handling it, I was seriously thinking about buying yours as well. Thankfully SigSauerSTX spoke up and claimed it.

Reactions: WC145 and cwoods

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Thanks, I picked it up from my FFL just minutes before you posted yours for sale. After handling it, I was seriously thinking about buying yours as well. Thankfully SigSauerSTX spoke up and claimed it.
I always thought I'd never own a Baer, then I was able to shoot one. Now I cant believe I'm letting one go. Something simple, utilitarian and curmudgeony. It just matches my personality.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats! That's a very nice find!

I love my Baers, but I feel ACW knows exactly what to do to take a Baer to the next level. Obviously, it helps that Rob and Jim worked there. I have no doubt that gun is an amazing shooter. Having two ACW modified Springfields and one complete custom build from them, I know their quality and attention to detail is second to none. I would put my ACW guns up against anything from Wilson, Nighthawk, Brown, etc...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts