1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman I've been saving my pennies and I need some advice.
I can get a new Wilson CQB retro build or a new Alchemy Prime with my pennies and just cant decide. They both look beautiful.
I already own a Wilson Hackathon and I'm totally impressed with it, totally flawless .
The Alchemy Prime has alot of the features I want but from the pictures I've seen it doesn't appear too have the frame scalloped for your trigger finger on the frame.
So a little input would be appreciated.
Thanks

· Registered
818 Posts
I had thought for a long time that when I got the money saved up I would buy a CQB for my first semi custom. And then I stumbled across ACW and started checking them out. I really liked the philosophy of Rob Schauland and his reputation as a gunsmith. I loved the look and simplicity of his firearms. I received my Prime Elite last week and it is amazing. Absolutely now regrets. Also amazing was everyone that I had contact with at ACW. I'm now thinking the CQB may be my second semi custom. . . or maybe an ACW Classic Carry. Who knows?
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Tan

· Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,919 Posts
Alchemy, all day long.

· Registered
318 Posts
I’ve owned a dozen or so Wilsons and really like their guns. I’ve only “seen” Alchemy guns on here, but given the choice, there’s no question I’d buy an Alchemy.

I don’t understand posts like this and all the others that blindly pick a gun they have never handled. I love Rob’s work but an Alchemy just does not work for me with the massive undercut. It is not comfortable in my hand and odd aesthetically.

My advise to the original poster is to at least try and handle the pistol. Give Alchemy a call and see if any dealers in your area maybe have a pistol. I have been down this road and have purchased semi-customs just to turn around and sell if for a loss.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts