1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

The Tinker
My sight pusher is nowhere near that robust (nor expensive?), and I've never used a hammer to shock the sight into moving.

I have used my mill to remove some tough sights, but then I have to make a new sight to replace the pile of chips that I turned the original one into. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Rumcajs gun
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My sight pusher is nowhere near that robust (nor expensive?), and I've never used a hammer to shock the sight into moving.

I have used my mill to remove some tough sights, but then I have to make a new sight to replace the pile of chips that I turned the original one into. :ROFLMAO:
wheeler engineering from amazon $ 190.00 , I have 3 guns needs sights swaps , and my local gunsmiths to busy .. so ..
i get one :) make my friends happy for sure:ROFLMAO:

Registered
wheeler engineering from amazon $ 190.00 , I have 3 guns needs sights swaps , and my local gunsmiths to busy .. so ..
i get one :) make my friends happy for sure:ROFLMAO:
I got the cheap Chinese knock off version, also at Amazon. Looks identical but probably isn鈥檛. Think it was around $100. Sufficiently strong to have removed an incorrectly unpinned front sight.

Registered
The tightest sights I鈥檝e moved were on my Colt XSE commanders. As said above same as the Kimber mentioned I was cranking and cranking thinking it was gonna break and then all the sudden with a loud snap they moved.

This may result in forty more posts causing a separate discussion but I always try to push them from the base instead of blade as it can snap and break by pushing from the blade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts