Amazon Customer Service?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colorado Sonny, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    It has been a while since I ordered anything from Amazon, but I must say I am at a loss for words when it comes to their customer service....The transcript of the "chat".

[​IMG] Your AccountAmazon.com
    Message From Customer Service
    Hello,

Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question:
    Order ID: 111-3167135-0371450:

I ordered four packages of 24 paint strainer sacks a total of 96 sacks.

I received eight packages of six paint strainer sacks a total of 48 sacks.

Please send me the remaining 48 paint strainer sacks from my order.

Sincerely,
    Wallace Canterbury
    (970) 379-5884

03:15 PM PDT Jowie(Amazon): Hello, my name is Jowie from Amazon Product Support Experts. I'm here to help you today.

Can I also get your name and phone number just in case our chat would be disconnected?
    03:16 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: My name and phone number are included
    03:16 PM PDT Jowie: I'm sorry for mislooked
    03:17 PM PDT Jowie: I do apologize if you did not received the other item on your end, no worries I'm here to help you to figure it out and solved this issue
    03:18 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: I only received half my order
    03:19 PM PDT Jowie: Thanks for letting me know that, no worries as I deeply check this out for you.
    03:20 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: And?
    03:21 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: Please ship me 48 more paint strainer sacks to complete my order.
    03:23 PM PDT Jowie: I do understand Wallace, upon checking here that this item of 4 quantity or four bags is delivered. May I know how many bags did you received?
    03:25 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: The quantity is 24 X 4 = 96. I received 48.
    03:25 PM PDT Jowie: I see thanks Wallace, no worries as I will further investigate this issue.
    03:30 PM PDT Jowie: Alright since we will now consider the other item as lost in the shipment but no worries as I already up this one to our lead team and they will be do investigation. For the meantime let me now check my options here.
    03:30 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: Really!?
    03:31 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: This was not lost in shipment! The warehouse pulled the wrong number of items and shorted my order.
    03:32 PM PDT Jowie: May I know where did you find that information?
    03:34 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: I counted the number of items in the box. there were 48. I ordered a total of 96!
    03:39 PM PDT Jowie: I completely understand Wallace, just to clarify the whole issue, you receive a just a 2 bags of 48 packs in one box or shipment instead of 4 bags of 96 packs correct? Then if that's the case you did not receive the other 2 bags we will now consider the two item lost in transit or shipment and we will up this for further investigation, for now let me check the options for the 2 ite,m
    03:40 PM PDT Jowie: And now our options for the missing two since this item is sold by the third party seller, we don;t handle their stocks. So we can do a refund on the two items, and you can just reorder it to the website.
    03:42 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: NO! If you had read my original message you would know that the items are sold in packages of 24. I ordered 4 packages of 24 items. I instead received 8 packages with only six items in each package. I received a total of 48. I ordered a total of 96.
    03:44 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: Jowie, just refund half the purchase price and we will call it good.
    03:45 PM PDT Jowie: That's why I told you Wallace, and no worries just a moment as I processed it for you okay? Please stay on the line
    03:47 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: Thank you.
    03:49 PM PDT Jowie: Your most welcome
    03:50 PM PDT Jowie: May I know where do you want to place the refund? On your Amazon gift card or in Original payment method?
    03:50 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: The original payment method.
    03:50 PM PDT Jowie: Thanks:)
    03:52 PM PDT Jowie: Alright Wallace a refund of $108.92 will be reflected on your account within 3 to 5 business days or it depends on your banking institution.
    03:53 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: Thank you.
    03:54 PM PDT Jowie: Your most welcome Wallace, and again we do apologize for the inconvenience.
    For the meantime would there be anything else?
    03:54 PM PDT Wallace E. Canterbury: No, it's all good.
    03:55 PM PDT Jowie: That’s Great! I am glad I was able to help you.

Please click on the ***End Chat*** Button to close this window.

It's been my pleasure to assist a valued customer like you. In behalf of Amazon Product Support Expert this is Jowie, we hope you have a great day ahead!

Thank you.
    Amazon.com

Good grief! I fall back to punt and I get a touchdown!
    THE TOTAL PRICE OF THE ORDER WAS $108.92, BUT I AM NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH THE FELLOW AT THIS POINT. ALL I WANTED WAS MY MISSING ITEMS!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    isialk, boatdoc, Babboonbobo and 7 others like this.
  2. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    You do have to give them time to work through their options especially when you purchase from a third party seller on their site. They have always been outstanding in taking care of wrongly ordered items, or stuff received that ended up being junk etc.. often times I purchase something and as soon as I drop the item at the UPS store for return the process my refund immediately. They don’t even know if there is anything in the return package yet. Some items they tell me to keep and still refund it. Then there is a return shipping refund I just received and they marked it as a bottle of banana extract returned for $45.60 lol but, they always come through. I’ve been a prime member there for 15 years I just wish I’d of been smart enough to buy stock in them when the option was there back then..

isialk, boatdoc, simonp and 3 others like this.

3. AGENT P

AGENT P 1911 'TIL DEATH DO US PART

Jun 24, 2019
    Excellent Grammer I'm amazed at the command of the English language no wonder they got the job in customer service.
    Good grief that gave me a headache and I think it may have permanently robbed me of several IQ points.

BR549er, Kip and Colorado Sonny like this.
  4. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    It was giving me a headache. I wonder if the Jowie was getting a migraine? Bwahahaha!

gps man, Kip and Steve Owens like this.
  5. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    It seems like it's like this everywhere you call now days all the customer service centers are located in the Philippines, or over seas somewhere. Fed Ex, Amazon, Hughesnet nearly every customer service center you call, what ticks me off is they always call me Mr. Steven.. I say that is not my name I am not Mr. Steven I am Mr. Owens.. Steven is not my last name lmbo... It does get very frustrating if it is so bad that they cannot only not speak english, but can't understand it either, I hang up and call back. One time I reached a guy after hanging up that spoke pretty good english and I complained about the non english speaking and the over seas call centers and then he says, I am sorry to hear you had this problem Mr. Steven... Good Grief lol

Some of us are old enough to remember the sitcom Taxi and Andy Kaufmans Girl friend on there was Luthewanian (spelling) and that is how 90% of the women sound in the customer service centers it drives me crazy.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    HooDoo Man, FWoo45, Kip and 1 other person like this.
  6. AGENT P

AGENT P 1911 'TIL DEATH DO US PART

Jun 24, 2019
    Is that pronounced Joey?
    Or
    Perhaps Howie?

7. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    I've had to do that "chat" for a missing holster,can almost hear the accent thru chat!!!
    Will remember the Mr. Steven...thats gold!!!:grin:

isialk, FWoo45 and Colorado Sonny like this.
  8. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Sonny, Dude,

Take the refund, keep the order, order more.

Always check for the statement "Fulfillment by Amazon " when you order. Third party sellers through Amazon are the same as eBay sellers. Amazon takes their cut but has never seen nor has control over the product.

If it says "Fufilled by Amazon" at least they have it in one of their warehouses.

I order from them multiple times per month and never buy from 3rd party sellers for this exact reason.

Z

Colorado Sonny, isialk, Kip and 4 others like this.
  9. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Any issues that I've had with Amazon are really pretty easily righted by a phone call. All of the people I've talked to spoke very good English. I was pleasantly surprised, probably in the US. This is the only positive outcome to one of these chats that I've seen or heard of. The phone number is hard to find and you have to wait through quite a few menu prompts but then you just use the option to have them call you when they can. They have always called me quickly and resolved my issues. No fumbled punts going for 6 to win the game though. I'm sure the bean counters have weighed the value of these offshore charts with these issues vs the call centers staffed with Americans with brains. They have both, just need to know how to find em.

Colorado Sonny, Kip and Steve Owens like this.
  10. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014

I wonder if the level of customer service representative you get is directly proportional to your Prime membership or the amount you spend with them.

11. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    That's just like Fed Ex. If you call their 1 800 go fed ex.. Foreigners If you call their technical service line ... All English and nearly all american.

Colorado Sonny, Kip and FWoo45 like this.
  12. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I would say that it is. Threaten to cancel a prime membership and they move Heaven and Earth. I've only been a member for 5 or so years but Steve has been since it's inception. We've talked about how easy/good they are. However, I spend a lot of $ with them and I'm pretty sure he spends more. While it it true that they don't have much, if any control over 3rd party sellers, I called once asking why I pay for prime if the 3rd party seller was going to take a week to ship prime eligible products. (Shipping was still 2nd day but would've been too late, something for my dad). I don't remember what the nice lady on the other end of the phone did but I got it in two days.

13. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    40 minutes to address a complaint that a competent representative could have resolved in 5 minutes. I hope you were asked to fill out a post-contact survey and you let them know just how bad your experience was.

Colorado Sonny likes this.
  14. Josey

Josey Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2019
    Simka? Ibbi da? :poto:

Kip and Steve Owens like this.
  15. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I once bought a $3000 commercial coffee maker for $37 a misprinted price obviously but the honored it. 2 days later it took two delivery guys with a dolly to get it on to my porch, been a prime member every since. And your right tell them you’ll just buy somewhere else, I’ve complained over too long of shipping and had them over night stuff for free. I had a third parties product one time for about 1-1/2 months, complained to the seller that it was acting up and they suggested I change batteries, didn’t help, told me to try exchanging the leads, worked for a few days then went back after 45 days I told them was still having problems. This product had been modified a bit to fit my need, nothing changed or installed in a way as to affect their operation. Sent it back and got an email saying that faulty installation was to blame and it was 15 days out of warranty refused to repair, exchange or refund. So I called amazon shared to correspondence with the seller and Amazon refunded the whole $145.00 paid me back for shipping and everything then gave me a replacement as well. Then I got the old set back, called Amazon and asked if they wanted them and they told me to keep them as well.

Colorado Sonny, Kip and FWoo45 like this.
  16. Josey

Josey Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2019
    What is crazy is Amazon used to deliver their items at prime speed with no Prime membership. Then, some genius at Amazon decided they could charge $100 a year to give people the same thing they were already getting for free, and if they refused then their normal speed would slow to a crawl. Amazon has nearly 150 million Prime members now x $100/year. :greedy:

My Amazon items get delivered at the slowest speed possible. :shy:

17. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    The coffee maker story had me rolling. I'd be sold on Amazon too.

18. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    I have over 17 years of buying history with Amazon and have had three order problems, all from 3rd party sellers. I’ve called CS once and used chat on the other two - results have been very good.

19. Fred_G

Fred_G Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Not very fair to throw all that advanced math at them. I buy stuff on Amazon all along, but as posted above, if you are not Prime, you get stuff stupid slow. Used to be crazy fast. I don't buy enough to justify the Prime price, so I often buy elsewhere.

Colorado Sonny, Josey and Babboonbobo like this.
  20. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Don’t use amazon much, would rather buy local if I can. Sometimes I want an item and if I can’t find it locally I’ll just go without rather than help amazon.
    I have bought through/from them just avoid it as much as possible.

Colorado Sonny, Josey and Slapshot like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted