close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ambi slide stop over at Sarco....

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by Nakanokalronin, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    First off, I'm not a lefty. I did however think that it wouldn't be too hard to make an ambi slide stop for the 1911. I figured it would be simple enough if the slide stop pin was longer with a square or hex end that was drilled and tapped for a screw. The lefty lever would have a hole cut out to be placed over the square/hex shaft and then held down by the screw. Well a few weeks ago I was browsing Sarco and noticed a ambi slide stop for the 1911 and it looks to be exactly like I thought it would. Now maybe this has been around for 50 years and I'm just late to the game but I thought it was an interesting find and enough to mention to you lefties out there. Not sure if its made with any quality or if its exactly how I described but its cheap enough to check out. I'm going to order one out of curiosity alone even though I'm not a lefty.

[​IMG]

http://e-sarcoinc.com/451911slidestopextendedambidextrous.aspx

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    The humanity... Please take it away... LOL.. Ron

3. Nakanokalronin

Aug 17, 2011
    I know its not something I would personally put on any 1911 but some lefties want an ambi safety where us right handed shooters prefer a single sided. I figured this might give them an option if they really wanted a slide stop too. I ordered one just because its one of those 1911 oddities kinda like a vintage shoulder stock/MSH. I'd never use it but its kinda neat to have.:wink:

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Just ribbin ya.. Cheers.. Ron

5. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm a lefty and I barely use the "normal" slide stop. Only time I use it is to lock the slide in place to show the gun is clear. Even on my M&P9 that has an ambi slide stop, I don't even use that side. Just got used to using my index finger to access the slide stop.

6. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I'm a lefty too. However, I pretty much only use the slide stop. I don't sling-shot on a reload. I just hit the slide stop with my index finger; it's out of the trigger guard anyways to manipulate the mag release. I shoot a Glock 17 in USPSA Production and generally slam the mag home hard enough that the slide drops automatically. :biggrin1:

Working the slide stop with your index finger isn't a problem as long as it sticks out some. All my auto pistols have extended slide stops.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  7. Nakanokalronin

Aug 17, 2011
    I figured most would already be used to manipulating a standard 1911 as a lefty. I never use the slide stop unless I'm doing one handed drills, otherwise its the hand over slide method for me. I forgot what forum I saw it on, but someone was asking about a lefty 1911 which reminded me of what I saw over at Sarco. I don't even know what I'll do with the one I ordered......probably take a picture of it and if anyone asks about an ambi safety for a 1911 I'll be like "here you go!" :rolleyes2:

8. Ratchetjaw

Ratchetjaw New Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I am a lefty and was wondering about this so thank you :) will look into getting me one or two

9. JaketheSnake

JaketheSnake New Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Would anyone who has one of these please either email me, text me, or Facebook message me if they are interested in selling it to me.
    Email is Lastmousestanding@yahoo.com
    Phone is 3137175003
    Fb is Jake Bacon Zimmerman

Thanks a lot!

10. Dirty Bill

Dirty Bill Active Member

Jul 20, 2017
    That is a dangerous condition,and I wouldn't do that. Actually,it needs repaired.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted