close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

American classic II

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by shichidan, Sep 11, 2011.

1. shichidan

shichidan Member

Aug 17, 2011
    saturday afternoon for you Ohio guys I found Atwells range about half full. No waiting

Any how I shot my recently purchased Metro arms 1911 for the first time as well as a old friend a 4 " Smith 586.

Loaded 10 mags with Federal 230 FMJ RN

3 chip mcCorick, 3 mcgar 3 standard springfield mags and the one ACT-Mag that came with the pistol

Not a single problem reloaded the Act 4 times as it has a bad rep No problems the groups are with in 2 inches once I figured out it shoots below point of aim

What a great gun overall and a top value

Will have to say however it was the bark of the 357 Mag that had 2 people ask what I was shooting
    Love the old school revolvers

Take care
    Alan

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Atwells is never full. never had to wait when i've went there.

3. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
  4. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
  5. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
  6. doc.lonestar

doc.lonestar Texas CHL Instructor

Sep 11, 2011
    Good Ol Cleveland - born and raised in Seven Hills (Near Parma). I was sad to learn the other day that the Flats was closed down and looks like a ghost town. (it was on No Reservations) Back in the 80's that place was the best bar scene in Cleveland - cousin was the assistant gm at the Beach Club in the flats.

Love my American Classic - I also found the ACT mag to be dependable. Picked up 2 powermags and another act mag and never looked back. Tried out some wilsons but did not see a difference in function and the price was higher. As of this weekend I have 2k rounds thru my AC Commander.

The thing that I found amazing is how right out the box I was sending fmj and jhp down range - mix and match different ammo brands and types in the same magazine and they all hit where they were supposed to. Not a hitch.

I hope she serves you well and is a joy to shoot for a long time to come.

Be Safe,
    Doc

7. shichidan

shichidan Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Hi Doc

the Flats showed two basic problems with a somewhat theme oriented location

It was trendy so always open to change,

Also as a bar, nightclub format it became a place to get mugged as well as to go looking for fights.
    So for both reasons the area was no longer good for the more upscale night people nor the 20 to 30 yr drinkers

it was just not safe.

Take care
    Alan

8. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    I was raised in parma and now live in parma hts. it is a real shame that downtown pretty much sucks! I can remember so many late nights down there falling all over the place and getting a good old gyro or panini to go at 2am.

Mike

9. doc.lonestar

doc.lonestar Texas CHL Instructor

Sep 11, 2011
    I know I am new around here so sorry for the jacking of the thread.

The American Classic Amigo is my next pick up - have been impressed with the 2k run thru my commander to warrant a pick up of another AC only a little brother lol - man when they first hit the market they cost about 25.00 less then the month before I picked mine up - now there something like 50.00 more.... Wish I had snagged two at that price.

Nothing beat the Gyros being sold on the street corners when leaving the Flats - of course I was much younger and my food standards were a bit fuzzy lol. We would hit the Beach Club and a few others and stop at the gyro stands at the stop lights before the highway. Back then there was a huge police presence down there - seemed like you couldnt get to the club or back to your car without 10 leo's eye balling you. My how things must have changed. Glad I didnt have to watch it fall apart. Good Lord White Castle and the Mining Company in Old Brooklyn lol.

Be Safe,
    Doc

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted