1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new GI American .45 with a Delta Point Pro and threaded barrel/Osprey suppressor to my local range....shot 200 rounds at various distances....ran like a top with no malfunctions.....here's a freehand target at 15 yards and 16 rounds Fiocchi 230Grs FMJ.....nice blaster and my old eyes really like the RMR:
IMG_1786.jpg
IMG_1773.jpg

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
That is super nice!

How do you like the leupold as compared to the Trijicon RMR?

Also can you give us some more photos of the Sight and mount. Looks like an adjustable rear sight?

Interested in that set up, as my Brown w/RMR iron sights were about 4-5 inches high at 25 yards.

Reactions: Kip

·
John 14:6
1,462 Posts
Nice PWS, RMR's are great for us old boys. I recently had a couple of guns fitted with them.
Need to get me a can as well!

Reactions: Jollyroger1

·
Enabler
3,452 Posts
Nice gun and nice shooting!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a couple of photos that I took a few days ago that show the GI RMR installation...there is an inset in the aft portion of the RMR that fits an iron sight, also made by Leopold...I don't know that the iron sight is adjustable per se, but it does have an elevation adjustment and a windage screw....it co-witnesses nicely with a Trijicon suppressor height front sight with a Tritium vial....I have several other 1911s with RMRs, all Trijicons - two Ed Brown Special Forces with Trijicon RMR02s and extended threaded barrels, a Nighthawk Shadowhawk, and a Wilson Spec Ops, both with RMR07s.....I can't really see much different between them functionally.....the Delta Point has a larger lens, which I cannot say that I've really noticed.....the Trijicon RMR02 has an automatic brightness adjustment as does the Leopold while the Trjicon RMR07 is adjustable.....The DP comes on with motion while the RMR02 is always on with a very long battery life while the RMR07 can be turned off but also has a long battery life....there have been blog comments that both RMRs have reliability issues, which I can't comment on since all are relatively new....the two Trijicons on the EB's however seem to flicker up and down a little in brightness as I shoot....doesn't bother me terribly but it is offsetting...my Delta Point is 2.5 MOA, and I like the precise red dot altho the autobrightness is just a little fainter than I'd like...I have seen the triangle in a gunstore, and I'd probably look hard at that...I liked the sight picture that the triangle gave me.....for my old eyes, the RMRs are very valuable and have increased my accuracy significantly; I'm nowhere near as accurate as I was 50 years ago...but that's true in just about everything I do, sadly....I think this was one of the first RMRs that GI has installed as an original build, and they had quite a few questions....however the final installation is very nicely done with a nice stable dovetail....let me know what photos you'd like to see, and I'll shot them tomorrow.....
IMG_2799 copy.jpg
IMG_2798 copy.jpg
IMG_2796 copy.jpg
IMG_2800 copy.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, man, a video.....I'm willing to try, but we'll have to see how my video skills merge with my shooting skills.....I'm less than optomistic but will give it a good try...I can tell you that the sound on a .45 is quite drastically muted when suppressed with the Osprey...not quiet but far less sharp....more to follow.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts