Ammo prices . . . damn!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by M Yaworski, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    I've been told I'm nuts for stocking up on various things like ammo and components. Now I'm the one that can still shoot as much as I want.
    All the best wishes on finding ammo or components for your needs.

2. 340pd

340pd Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2020
    I work at a range and our business with the usuals is down due to the lack of ammo on the shelves. Five million new shooters all looking for ammo will do that to a supply chain.
    We have seen customers that tell us they have found random supplies at their local LGS. I bought some brass 9mm for a customer a couple of weeks ago for $11.99/bx so it is still out there.
    My far greater concern is a change of leadership in DC. If the wrong guys get in office this could get very bad as they will have the ability to tax ammo out of business.

sparkyfender likes this.

3. Nick Rice

Nick Rice Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    At $1 per round for .45 I'm not biting, no no. I should have bought that last cs of 1000 Speer Lawman .45 185gr @ 5mos ago for $430 but I'm sitting fine. I've got enough Corbon 45 and plenty of range ammo in 9 & 45. I'm certainly not supporting my local range as usually but my ammo fund helped pay for a new ACW Brimstone. Oh ya, I did UNsubscribe from CTD... Waiting for the next UNcancelled gun show. That will be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  4. GIFS-1911

GIFS-1911 Active Member

Apr 23, 2020
    There was a gun show in town this recent weekend, but I decided not to go, because I have just recently bought a new Browning 1911-380 2 weeks ago.

I would just be torturing myself if I saw guns I would like to get when I know the "speaker of the house" could get me impeached for getting another one without her approval. :(

Nick Rice likes this.
  5. NIU2009

NIU2009 Active Member

Nov 6, 2018
    I’ve gotten a few smaller lots (200 rounds) online of factory 9mm recently for about $0.50/round shipped, which is tolerable for me given the circumstances. FTF is still your best bet as far as price.

6. WVsig

WVsig Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Things seem to be getting worse. Things have really stalled. For a while there were a few deals a day from various retailers now there is nothing.

Most of the online retailers are getting almost no stock. If they get it they are limited quantities and the price is $.40-$.50 a round for 9mm. At $.50 it still only takes a little while for it to go out of stock.

7. sparkyfender

sparkyfender Active Member

Nov 26, 2017
    I don't see any relief until a while after the election, and maybe not then. Sad but true.

wrmiller likes this.
  8. OldCuz

OldCuz Raleigh NC Supporting Addict

Mar 22, 2020
    I'm sure that ammo production slowed dramatically and even completely stopped at some factories. The Chinese Virus.
    This and all the new gun owners, hording, riots and so on. All this combined has depleted inventory. When every ammo factory get's back into full production. When gun owners can get enough ammo to make them feel comfortable. When ammo get's back to normal supply the prices will come down. Not till then. But with flu season about to begin and the possibility of the Chinese Virus cases rising again?
    It will just continue. It will probably get worse than it is now.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted