1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My God, I just watched 1,000 rounds of 9mm MagTech sell for $380 and 1,000 rounds of 9mm American Eagle go for $430 on Gunbroker.

Wow :eek:

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remember '08 ? . Everything was scarce and overpriced .
I do, but this seems far more severe in price gouging.

3 months ago I was laughing at myself with my ammo stash, now I'm worried I don't have enough :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
People are hoarding and there is definitely evidence of some price gouging. 2016 in rerun. Bought a box of ammo last week at a LGS and it was $2.00 less than the current price for the same ammo on one of the big ammo dealers website. That sight is advertising it as a bargain. I don't think so. My wife even told me last week to go buy from the local guy and support his business. I usually do anyway but it is still sound advice.

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, T4, DW V-Bob and G21
5,995 Posts
I have had decent luck at couple LGSs and academy had a good bit of 45 and 9mm when I went in the other day. They had 500 rnds of 45 and bought 400 and they had 400 of 9mm and I bought 300 lol I don’t want to be greedy :D

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
John,
I'm afraid before this is over, that might be a cheap price. I just now ordered a 1000 rounds of 165 gr. 10mm fmj for $430 at Georgia Arms.

They still have some 9mm 115 gr. HP's for $34 a 100. If anyone wants some, I'd suggest ordering it NOW!!! It won't last long I'm afraid.

For anyone with a 357 Sig, they've got real good prices on it! OUT OF 38 SUPER, I just bought the last of it, 124 gr. Gold Dots.

Jim D. - BCD 45

·
Registered
4,718 Posts

3 months ago I was laughing at myself with my ammo stash, now I'm worried I don't have enough :rolleyes:
Enough, what’s enough?

Seriously I’m asking myself the same questions re components these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,654 Posts

trying hard to resist panicked ammo buying. and trying to enjoy 22lr to make what I have last longer

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I'm so glad I got into reloading before all this happened. My LGS is selling 1k of 9mm for $400 and box of 50 45acp is $32. I have recouped price of press already with prices where they are now. I can still get reloading supply's local, I pick 1k primers up every other week.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Definitely seeing some more gouging this time but it's a good reminder of why I do business with the ones I do (SG Ammo, my LGS, and a few others). I've been able to regularly get 5.7 x 28 for about $0.50 to $0.60 per round and I see many shops trying to sell it for $1.50.

·
Enabler
3,468 Posts
Enough, what’s enough?

Seriously I’m asking myself the same questions re components these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It would be sweet if those were links to pictures of the guns in your signature. I keep trying to click the list and I get no where :)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Yeah. My neighbor decided to get back into gun ownership with all the craziness going on in the world. He bought two Glocks and paid $450 for 1k of American Eagle 9mm. He could not find any Federal HST so I traded him two boxes of 124g ball for a box of HST that I got on sale at Target Sports USA when it was the deal of the day at 50% off last year.

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
Around here it seems about same as Obama years . Prices seem about same . People were charging $15.00 -$20.00 per box for 9 mm , if you could get it . 22 was scarce , AR prices doubled . I learned my lesson then . I've been stocking up just in case while prices were fair , plus stepped up reloading .

1 - 20 of 204 Posts