Ammo Sales

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by azguy1911, Jul 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    My God, I just watched 1,000 rounds of 9mm MagTech sell for $380 and 1,000 rounds of 9mm American Eagle go for $430 on Gunbroker.

Wow :eek:

2. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I saw a used Glock 21 G4 go for $700 plus shipping two days ago. Figures these folk will need some overpriced ammo to go with their overpriced guns...

3. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Remember '08 ? . Everything was scarce and overpriced .

4. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I do, but this seems far more severe in price gouging.

3 months ago I was laughing at myself with my ammo stash, now I'm worried I don't have enough :rolleyes:

5. TexasBB

TexasBB Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 23, 2014
    Me, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    People are hoarding and there is definitely evidence of some price gouging. 2016 in rerun. Bought a box of ammo last week at a LGS and it was $2.00 less than the current price for the same ammo on one of the big ammo dealers website. That sight is advertising it as a bargain. I don't think so. My wife even told me last week to go buy from the local guy and support his business. I usually do anyway but it is still sound advice.

7. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    You’ve got plenty! Too much, even. Sell me some 45 ACP at 2019 prices!

8. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    I have had decent luck at couple LGSs and academy had a good bit of 45 and 9mm when I went in the other day. They had 500 rnds of 45 and bought 400 and they had 400 of 9mm and I bought 300 lol I don’t want to be greedy :D

9. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    John,
    I'm afraid before this is over, that might be a cheap price. I just now ordered a 1000 rounds of 165 gr. 10mm fmj for $430 at Georgia Arms.

They still have some 9mm 115 gr. HP's for $34 a 100. If anyone wants some, I'd suggest ordering it NOW!!! It won't last long I'm afraid.

For anyone with a 357 Sig, they've got real good prices on it! OUT OF 38 SUPER, I just bought the last of it, 124 gr. Gold Dots.

Jim D. - BCD 45

10. Jameeson

Jameeson Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Funny how everyone was chasing .22 LR last go around, now that is about the only thing you can find,

11. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Enough, what’s enough?

Seriously I’m asking myself the same questions re components these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RS., switchback, gps man and 2 others like this.
  12. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    It's only enough if you survive the final gunfight.

studenygreg, colrhino, Kip and 7 others like this.
  13. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    trying hard to resist panicked ammo buying. and trying to enjoy 22lr to make what I have last longer

14. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    I'm so glad I got into reloading before all this happened. My LGS is selling 1k of 9mm for $400 and box of 50 45acp is $32. I have recouped price of press already with prices where they are now. I can still get reloading supply's local, I pick 1k primers up every other week.

RS., switchback, colrhino and 5 others like this.
  15. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Think you used enough gun powder there Butch!

Witsend, isialk, switchback and 3 others like this.
  16. FatMikey

FatMikey Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Definitely seeing some more gouging this time but it's a good reminder of why I do business with the ones I do (SG Ammo, my LGS, and a few others). I've been able to regularly get 5.7 x 28 for about $0.50 to $0.60 per round and I see many shops trying to sell it for $1.50.

FWoo45 likes this.
  17. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    It would be sweet if those were links to pictures of the guns in your signature. I keep trying to click the list and I get no where :)

Raylan Givens, FWoo45 and Whiten like this.
  18. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Yeah. My neighbor decided to get back into gun ownership with all the craziness going on in the world. He bought two Glocks and paid $450 for 1k of American Eagle 9mm. He could not find any Federal HST so I traded him two boxes of 124g ball for a box of HST that I got on sale at Target Sports USA when it was the deal of the day at 50% off last year.

Raylan Givens and FWoo45 like this.
  19. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Around here it seems about same as Obama years . Prices seem about same . People were charging $15.00 -$20.00 per box for 9 mm , if you could get it . 22 was scarce , AR prices doubled . I learned my lesson then . I've been stocking up just in case while prices were fair , plus stepped up reloading .

Glock2740 and Adam13 like this.
  20. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I reload and also have cases of the calibers I shoot. I learned from the Obamanation years that you can never have enough.

Glock2740, switchback, simonp and 4 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted