Ammo Sales

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by azguy1911, Jul 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    I resemble that remark

FWoo45, Apollo99 and DRD like this.
  2. DRD

DRD Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 8, 2018
    If the dems take over, you ain't seen nothing yet!
    I'll tell you how bad it is.
    It's driven me back to reloading! And not long ago, I told the world it just wasn't worth it. I am eating crow now. (Is it permissible to use seasoning?)

Glock2740, Dreadnought and Gafanhao like this.

3. cherokee2u

cherokee2u Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Good to go here. Slightly over 14k rounds of pistol ammo. That is not counting .22 and .223

forester4259, DRD, KTXdm9 and 3 others like this.
  4. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    For an interesting comparison, look back at gun magazines when the "assault weapon ban" happened, and the gun forums in 2008, 2012, 2013 and 2016...

NewWaveGuy01, FWoo45 and Babboonbobo like this.
  5. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Last case of 9mm I bought a little while back was $220/1000 at my lgs do not too upset at that price. Last 45 I bought was $59/200 box so I grabbed a few. Same with the other calibers, if I see a decent price I grab it but don’t go crazy. I have enough 22 to last me and my kids our lifetimes I think;)
    Just picked up 10-5round boxes of 00 buck shot for $3.99 box the other day which isn’t bad considering it’s so hard to locate.

colrhino likes this.
  6. TexasBB

TexasBB Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 23, 2014
    I have a AR pistol in 300 Blk in the process of being built and i can’t seem to find anything at all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Denver1911

Denver1911 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    It’s just normal supply/demand fluctuations. Demand is way up. Supply is challenged. I’d much rather have prices go up to balance demand with supply than have some draconian retailer control how much I can have. Great price .. but two boxes only. No thanks. Give me the free market, not that communist crap.

And I sure don’t want retailers keeping prices low so that Joe Blowhard down the street shows up on restocking day, buys it all, then re-sells it at market prices on Craigslist.

8. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Federal Cartridge has 4 high speed lines running 24/7 making nothing but .223 and 9mm. They simply can't make enough. They've cut back making shotgun target ammo and putting as much resources into those 2 centerfire calibers they can. I thought I had a lot of ammo on hand - way more than I ever had before, but I've cut back my shooting to make my stash last.
    I do, however, still have .22 ammo from the Obama years. A LOT of .22 ammo. So, time to break out the rimfires.
    Jeff

NewWaveGuy01 and fieldgrade like this.
  9. soverystout

soverystout Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019

2008 was mostly gun owners buying more guns and ammo and some folks looking to make $$$ in preparation for some terrible new laws given the administration. This time around is everyone whom is paying attention to the treatment of law enforcement, the fact that most 911 calls are in response to something that has already happened, and Covid.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  10. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I stockpiled so much my cup has runnith over and I still feel like I need to grab some more 9mm if it shows up on-line somewhere.

0503201052.jpg 0503201052a.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Dreadnought, Spokes, Adam13 and 8 others like this.
  11. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I still have some .45 Automatic and a few M855's left...
    IMG_0090.JPG

Glock2740, Spokes, KTXdm9 and 4 others like this.
  12. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    I remember late 2012 or early 2013 after Sandy Hook happened, being on the phone with some stranger on armslist making a deal for a bunch of rifle ammo. I tend to talk loud on the phone and my wife overheard me from two rooms away.

She hollered down the hall, “YOU HAVE ENOUGH AMMO!!”
    I whispered to the guy on the phone like he was Jake from State Farm, “Shyeah, like that’s even possible."

Glock2740, blamo, Dreadnought and 6 others like this.
  13. Josey

Josey Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2019
    I remember that sale $20/box of HST.

14. Series70

Series70 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 3, 2020
    My LGS is only selling ammo to customers who buy a gun from them or have bought one previously. Limit two boxes. I have a good quantity of 22s, 9s, 45s, and 5.56. My LGS asked me if I would sell some. I have sold some factory ammo to new gun buyers that are getting their LTC. Trying not to be greedy, but I'm about to stop selling.

gun_fan111, colrhino and simonp like this.
  15. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    My LGS is still selling “bricks” of 500 rds of brass cased 9mm fmj and 45. It ain’t cheap, but it’s fair considering where the market is right now.

16. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020

Bless it your bout to be running out in a few years :roflmaro:

Spokes likes this.
  17. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Some years ago I invested in a semi-modest (lol!) quantity of Colt 6720's, P-Mags and 556 ammo.
    I'm not hoping to make a lot of money when things get worse than now,
    but if family and friends need product, I can help.

KTXdm9, FatMikey, cgff and 4 others like this.
  18. PhilaPop

PhilaPop Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2016
    I just looked at TargetSportsUSA who normally have fair pricing. They're rolling out their own 9mm but it's twice the price of Blazer or Amscor, IF they had any. If they wanted to get on and grab some marketshare they would underprice Blazer or Armscor, but... Hate to say it, but seems like they're not playing fair, un-natural for them.

19. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I just ordered that new Lyman turret press kit (on backorder for a month). Gonna start reloading again. If I can find components.

Not sure what's coming, but I'd like to have a fighting chance...

simonp likes this.
  20. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Last case of 9mm I bought a little while back was $220/1000 at my lgs so not too upset at that price. Last 45 I bought was $59/200 box so I grabbed a few. Same with the other calibers, if I see a decent price I grab it but don’t go crazy. I have enough 22 to last me and my kids our lifetimes I think;)
    Just picked up 10-5round boxes of 00 buck shot for $3.99 box the other day which isn’t bad considering it’s so hard to locate.

simonp likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted