Ammo Sales

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by azguy1911, Jul 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    I’d say that price is about where the current market is on 9mm.

sadly.

It’s been scarce to non existent on-line for a couple of weeks now, at any price, except for defense ammo.

2. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Well I am changing direction so I have 3250 rounds of 10mm that I am willing to part with at a very reasonable price.
    10MM 170 GR JFP BRASS PRVI PARTIZAN 500
    10MM 180 GR JHP BRASS PRVI PARTIZAN 500
    10MM 180 GR JHP XTP BRASS FREEDDOM MUNITIONS 250
    10MM 180 JFP BRASS FREEDOM MUNITIONS 2000

$900.00 pick up in Colorado.

PM Me.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020

3. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    It appears Georgia Arms is out of everything. No matter what I click it says they have none in stock.

Colorado Sonny and 1L26 like this.
  4. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Last 9mm I bought was 115 S&B 179.00 a 1000, S&B 45acp was 289.00 a 1000 +tax.
    The last few days I worked Retail instead of RSOing, back in March April 90%+ of the sales were new/first time firearms owners. With this being an election year I’d guess we have a year to 18 months of this to wade through. Thinking that Glock 38 may be a good impulse buy?

Colorado Sonny and Gafanhao like this.
  5. FatMikey

FatMikey Member

Apr 29, 2020
    It probably makes sense to consider ammunition and magazines as a separate asset class to provide a hedge in uncertain times like these, much like gold has traditionally been used. Biggest difference of course is that you can actually use ammo and mags.

forester4259 and colrhino like this.
  6. TJC357

TJC357 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 18, 2011
    After sandyhook I learned a lesson, so I stocked up on my reloading supplies for .45acp, 150,000 primers, 48lb of powder just for them, and about 100,000 45acp. brass. I then started to pick up some 5.56, and 300blk ammo for my ar's, and some 308 for my bolt gun. I just bought a 1000rnds of 9mm but as everyone else has said it cost me more than I wanted to pay.

cgff, Dub, FWoo45 and 1 other person like this.
  7. dstallguy

dstallguy Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 13, 2017
    Let me fix this for you...
    “I lost all my ammo in an unfortunate boating accident”.

8. dstallguy

dstallguy Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 13, 2017
    I just keep a couple “K” of each caliber loaded and enough components to reload to make people uncomfortable when you start discussing it. I bought 22LR by the cases since I went almost dry of 22 back in the Obama years. Always keep a healthy 22LR stockpile unless you’re sadistic and actually tried reloading rimfire. Is that even possible?

9. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    I’m not even going to admit what I just paid for 1k of 9 lol. I have a decent stockpile but things are looking grim so I am taking what I can get. FYI SGammo has AE 45 in stock, load up boys! Pricey at $21 a box but it seems cheap compared to what 9 is going for.

10. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Hope I got in under the wire at Georgia Arms for my 10mm & hope I get it!

11. JM44

Feb 2, 2018
    Jim SGammi has a ton of 10mm in stock and it’s cheaper than what they are asking for 9, ain’t that some sht...

NewWaveGuy01 likes this.
  12. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    150,000 primers? Wow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dub and dstallguy like this.
  13. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    I just checked & I don't think I'll be running out of 223 ammo or 22lr ammo + Buckshot.

223/5.56 - 24,000 rounds
    22lr mixed - 12,750 rounds
    + 5 cases of Federal Copper Plated Buckshot (1000 rounds)

14. RatBikeRod

RatBikeRod You Don’t Know Me!

Nov 22, 2017
    Just remember, it is not price gouging if it is an auction...that’s is just buying frenzy.

gun_fan111 likes this.
  15. RatBikeRod

RatBikeRod You Don’t Know Me!

Nov 22, 2017
    Yep, literally just about everything sold out. I wanted to start a build and talked to a few guys I know that do this, they will not take on a build for customers right now due to lack of availability.

TexasBB likes this.
  16. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    This is different than the 2008 and then the Sandy Hook panic buys. Now, we have 100,000's of new gun owners and they are buying whatever is available. I had 4 people call me in the last 3 months for advice on gun buying. Two of the 4 were pretty agnostic towards guns, the 2 were outright against them. Now, they want them. I told the to buy 1,000 rounds of cheap plinking ammo for target practice and classes and 150 of SD ammo. All balked at me at how much that would cost (this was March/April timeframe). I saved their asses as while they bitched about it, they listened. Had they not, they'd be shitouttaluck.
    So, no, this isn't the same, it's worse.
    Now we can just hope that when all this calms down, we're all going to be able to buy Glocks at 60% their value with maybe 50 rounds through them.

17. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    TexasBB, Quite a bit of 300 BO at Ammoseek, just not cheap & lots of 9mm, just expensive!
    RAT-ROD, Like I said, plenty of $hit at Ammoseek if you don't min paying out the azz. Fortunately here in Texas most places still don't charge tax. I just got 1000 Sig Elite V-Crown 45 acp in about an hour ago. Ammo was priced really decent, shipping was high though but you know what------------------------------------I have it & it's mine!!! Jim D.

DRD and RatBikeRod like this.
  18. ButchA

ButchA Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Ammo is also getting extremely scarce... Check out the internet site (and longtime Gun Show vendor) called Georgia Arms. They now have a huge banner on their homepage, basically telling everyone that they are "temporarily shut down/closed" due to lack of availability to keep producing ammo! :eek:

Edit: What's out there now on AmmoSeek or SGammo is sky high pricing and sold out within hours. Wait a day or two and it'll be back in stock with high prices again - and again... sold out within hours.

19. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    I keep reading this, but I keep buying 9mm for less than 20 cents per round. I also can’t find 45 ACP for less than 36 cents per round. In the last three months, I’ve seen at least 10k of 9mm for every 1k of 45 ACP. I’m referring to target ammo and I only get to shop, in person, when I go out of town. I only check Cabelas and Academy, in addition to the Wichita Gun Club.

Online, I’ve had less luck. Interestingly, online prices have been higher than what I’ve found at the previously mentioned stores. I have found some very good deals on JHP/defensive ammo, but I haven’t seen as much of that, the last few weeks.

NewWaveGuy01 and JM44 like this.
  20. JM44

Feb 2, 2018
    . I can’t find anything local but admittedly haven’t been looking much. I have seen hardly any 9 and what I have found is over 30 cents. I have no problem finding good 230 rounds at 20-25 cents

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted