1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else still hitting EVERY wally-world within range, daily, and stocking up on ammo?

I've heard ammo is priced at an ALL-TIME low, well, some ammo that is... since they're discontinuing sales of most all handgun ammo and both 5.56 & .223. I was even given a hard discontinuation date and was told all shelved ammo mentioned above that hasn't sold... would be donated.

Is there a best time to catch them stocking the new arrivals for the day? Is it worth the city-wide scavenger hunt?

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
I hadn’t known they were liquidating their ammo until I stopped yesterday to pick up an item and just walked past sporting goods and in true addict fashion I had to look. Noticed all the yellow clearance stickers on the ammo??? Couldn’t find an associate help me that late so I stopped today on my way home from work and picked these four boxes up for just over $90 including tax!
Packaging and labeling Paper product Paper Packing materials Label

I used to pay $60+tax just for the box of 45acp JHPs
5.56 was $30 each
45acp JHP was $25
Alum case 45 was $7

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hadn’t known they were liquidating their ammo until I stopped yesterday to pick up an item and just walked past sporting goods and in true addict fashion I had to look. Noticed all the yellow clearance stickers on the ammo??? Couldn’t find an associate help me that late so I stopped today on my way home from work and picked these four boxes up for just over $90 including tax!
View attachment 372745
I used to pay $60+tax just for the box of 45acp JHPs
5.56 was $30 each
45acp JHP was $25
Alum case 45 was $7
"in true addict fashion" LMAO! In the last 2 days I grabbed about 17 boxes of .40 S&W at $7 per for BRASS, all brands, even the Federal Syntech Defense rounds were $7. I also grabbed a WWB 40rd pk of .223 HP's for $13. I'm praying they get more of those $30 5.56 packs. I got 6 of them when they first dropped from $58 to $40. Personally I'm on the hunt.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
There’s a ton of 40sw at our Walmart but I don’t have any interest in the caliber. All the 9mm was gone by the time I found the deals. I’ll stop tomorrow as there was a few more boxes of 45 and a couple 357mag that I will try to grab.

lots of 20 round boxes of SD ammo for $7 a box I’m going to see what it actually is tomorrow

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There’s a ton of 40sw at our Walmart but I don’t have any interest in the caliber. All the 9mm was gone by the time I found the deals. I’ll stop tomorrow as there was a few more boxes of 45 and a couple 357mag that I will try to grab.

lots of 20 round boxes of SD ammo for $7 a box I’m going to see what it actually is tomorrow
The Federal Syntech "Blue Tip/Fragmenting" JHP Defense rounds are currently $7 per box for 9mm/.40/.45... of course I bought all of them too. Idk if they have one in your area but Vance Outdoors had the DEAL of the year on Magtech 9mm 124gr FMJ for just around $6 a box... I acquired a case and a half since the WM 9mm has been gone for over a month in my region.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Was in my local wally world yesterday, looking for a special memory card for my new camera, they didn't have what I needed, cruised by sporting goods to get some 20ga shotgun shells to go along with the shotgun for number 1 grandson.
My WW ammo shelves have been all but empty for at least 3 years, yesterday was the same. Luckily for me shotguns shells was the only ammo they had a fair amount of on the shelves, it's not even locked up, it's self service. It was not on sale or on clearance.
I would not waste gas and time to search the WW for ammo deals. I prefer to shop ammo from my recliner and wait for the FedEx man.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As cheap as ammo is online, why in the world would you waste money driving around to “scavenge” for it at WalMart?!?
Because I have yet to find Retail Name Brand brass ammo at a cost cheaper online. For example, 1K rds Federal 9mm or .40 S&W shipped for less than $140... If you have a link please SHARE IT.

After surviving Obama and the horror of Hillary possibly getting elected I have, and will, keep enough reloading supplies to carry me through at least one term (4 years) of Nancy Pelosi :interesting: as president. No lurking at Wally World is going to come close to matching that.
I'm not into politics however I might get into reloading now that I have a solid supply of range ammo, but the savings has to be more than a few cents on the round. If reloading cuts costs by 40% or more LOL I'm in!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Ammoseek is your friend. I don't shop at Wally world. That's where "the people of Walmart" go. I don't want to have to pour bleach in my eyes. Are they stopping selling ammo?
Not were I’m at. They just started marking it down. Picked up some 22 WMR the other day. The clerk said they just aren’t going to restock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ammoseek is your friend. I don't shop at Wally world. That's where "the people of Walmart" go. I don't want to have to pour bleach in my eyes. Are they stopping selling ammo?
https://corporate.walmart.com/newsr...nse-to-the-tragedies-in-el-paso-and-southaven
  • After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons;
  • We will sell through and discontinue handgun ammunition; and
  • We will discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking our complete exit from handguns.

·
Registered
146 Posts
As cheap as ammo is online, why in the world would you waste money driving around to “scavenge” for it at WalMart?!?
Show me where you can get 45 in brass case for 17 cents per round online. Or even 25 cents without having to buy a ton in order to make the shipping costs worthwhile. I’ve bought several hundred rounds each at those prices in the last month as Wally started clearing out their ammo.

I’ve scored 62gr green tip, Lake City brass, on stripper clips in ammo cans for less than 10 cents per round simply by checking inventory and stopping by when I’m in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not were I’m at. They just started marking it down. Picked up some 22 WMR the other day. The clerk said they just aren’t going to restock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Walmart will no longer sell pistol ammo or ammo commonly used in SBR’s (according to their BS media release). So basically they will only have shotgun shells, the common hunting ammo, and presumably 22lr.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.