1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
I keeed I keeed.....
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Dan Wesson Valor today. I've no words to express how damned satisfied I feel. I've craved this particular weapon since I first laid eyes on it. Thanks for all the advice you guys had, made me feel very confident in my decision.

Oh and it's a blem that you can't see with the naked eye...Hehe. got it for $1600 after tax!
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Tan

·
I keeed I keeed.....
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's sweeeeet. Congrats. Need to break in and range report. Bet it will be a one hole firearm.
I was told by the LGS owner that the Dan Wesson rep he deals with suggests using tapping oil during break-in. First 300 rounds.

Anyone heard of this?

·
VFW - Life Member
1,082 Posts
I was told by the LGS owner that the Dan Wesson rep he deals with suggests using tapping oil during break-in. First 300 rounds.

Anyone heard of this?
If it came with a little bottle of oil, use that. That's what I did. Field strip and cleaned after every 50 rds. I now use Kroil and just p/u some FP 10. Here is my Valor after about 800 or so rounds. 4 rds at 7 o'clock and 8 rds in bull (less 2 fliers). 25' off a bench. To old to do this off hand.

Line Colorfulness Pattern World Circle

·
I keeed I keeed.....
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beautiful Valor. That duty coat is so smooth and clean, what a great finish. Congrats on the purchase; I love my two DW 1911s and believe them to be some of the best on the market.
While it's somewhat what the gun does for you in hand, I obviously agree. Colts and Springer's just didn't feel the same. I needed my first one to be clean as possible, no billboards. The fact it's tighter than...Well I can't remember that....Is just a bonus.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts