1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Awesome looking 1911.....I get the feeling it was a Lost friends pistol or one you had built in his memory as a Tribute. I like the High Power or Carry Cuts...what ever they are called these day....I have a TRP with forward serrations that I figured this would be a way to get rid of them.

Karsten

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome looking 1911.....I get the feeling it was a Lost friends pistol or one you had built in his memory as a Tribute. I like the High Power or Carry Cuts...what ever they are called these day....I have a TRP with forward serrations that I figured this would be a way to get rid of them.

Karsten
Close, it was one I built in a tribute to him. He was here for about half of the build, unfortunately, he won't get to see the final results.

I believe they're called both High Power cuts and carry cuts. Also maybe called Browning cuts? I'm not really sure.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Thank you Chuck, I worked very hard on this one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Care to share your build sheet on this one?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Care to share your build sheet on this one?
Not sure what you mean by build sheet, but it's a palmetto stainless frame and slide, kart barrel and a mishmash of internals from Wilson, Harrison, EGW, and Ed Brown. Grips are walnut finished with Tru oil. Finish is beadblasted and the flats were polished with sand paper with a file as a backer. I did the disconnect cut in the breech face and will be doing it to all pistols from now on, I love it.

Frame tangs were over cut and I didn't have the balls to weld them up. I was worried about the finish matching after being welded, so it'll just have to be good enough. Somebody let me know if the finish would be unaffected by welding.

Not sure if that's what you wanted to know, but if you want more, fire away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.