Annoyed by civil unrest, can’t buy 1911

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Dreadnought, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Well-Known Member

May 5, 2020
    So I’ve made my decision to purchase a Colt Combat Elite... but if it’s even in stock anywhere, prices are up on them.

This country needs to settle its **** ASAP so that I can buy the gun I want at a good price.

Mickey D, jmr986, Rizzo and 7 others like this.
  2. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Or you could sell all your personal values to the devil.... join the unrest and simply loot the gun of your dreams. Probably should do so in one of the cities that has disbanded their law enforcement departments and get the key to the city from the mayor.

Of course I'm not serious.

Rizzo, boatdoc, Capthobo and 12 others like this.

3. Limited 10

Limited 10 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2020
    But I get where you are coming from. Definitely a special brand of insanity out there now.

Rizzo, boatdoc, Uncle Bob and 3 others like this.
  4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014

What I find TOTALLY IRONIC and absolutely hilarious is that the first thing the Seattle Free Zone "residents" did was construct a wall around their newly formed archipelago . . .

They must be "conservatives" . . . . . . . . .

upload_2020-6-12_14-9-7.png

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Rizzo, Spokes, retrieverman and 10 others like this.
  5. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    INSANE!!! But I have the answer. One person would have to go.

6. Noel

Noel Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I watch what is available used at a LGS pretty often. The past two weeks, I've watched guns fly out of the place. For instance, a couple weeks ago there were dozens of Glocks on the shelf, used. Monday there were less than 10. Yesterday, there was 1. Today, none. This is in MAINE.

https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/new-used-guns/used-guns/

retrieverman and FWoo45 like this.
  7. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Besides the Civil unrest, this is an election year.
    Election year = mucho $$$

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015

rumor is, they are checking ID's as well...

9. Welder49

Welder49 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2020
    Well the COVID hysteria didn’t help either. Hell, even if you can find a gun you want you probably won’t be able to find ammo for it.

boatdoc, Babboonbobo and 41 Charlie like this.
  10. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    I am low on .45 carry ammo. Making a run up north to buy some Saturday...

Spokes and boatdoc like this.
  11. TherewasX

TherewasX 1911 Addict

Jun 26, 2019
    Its funny how people don't prep anymore. funny people don't even have TP stocked up, ammo or food. anyhow.
    The unrest out there is mind blowing....didn't such civil unrest would hit after a pandemic.

Babboonbobo and Trashyshoots like this.
  12. awmp

awmp Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Apr 27, 2012
    I talked to a local gun store that I frequent that is usually very well stocked, ammo, and guns are gone, almost looked like he was moving. He said he had never seen anything like it. He was told the gun manufacturers hope to catch up in a few months and that was a big maybe. The only thing he really had left was high-end shotguns, but he had no ammo for those.

boatdoc, TherewasX and FWoo45 like this.
  13. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Well-Known Member

May 5, 2020
    Well the upside of this is that it’s a big cash infusion for gun and ammo manufacturers, which is a good thing.

Ironically, as Gun control gets stopped and rolled back, arms manufacturers face harder times.

soverystout and Babboonbobo like this.
  14. Yoemen66

Yoemen66 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Hmm ammo and guns a plenty in stores here on the plains of Texas. I just picked up 500 rds winchester whitwbox of 45 ammo for $110 and 500 rds of 45 colt armscor for $200.

cgff likes this.
  15. TherewasX

TherewasX 1911 Addict

Jun 26, 2019
    keep your powders dry.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  16. Mike Goldstein

Mike Goldstein Well-Known Member

May 10, 2020
    Is there really an infusion of cash if they can't meet demand? Seems like a cash flow interruption to me.

17. Mike Goldstein

Mike Goldstein Well-Known Member

May 10, 2020
    Amen. Trying to buy guns or ammo in a fear driven market never works well for the consumer. Anything you're able to find now will be selling at a premium.

18. djc

djc Active Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Maybe it is time to sell a couple of guns I don't shoot anymore.

soverystout likes this.
  19. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    You need to be rolling your own ammo. Besides the cost savings, if you squirrel the supplies away you’ll be shooting every weekend (even through the lean times). I try to purchase a little something (primers, powder, or bullets) every week. Whether I need it or not - stash it away for these rainy days. Buy in bulk, when possible. This drill happens every four years, prepare for it. Best of luck!

20. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Same, here in Scottsdale after that Saturday night riots in Old Town at the sparked the most fear-basef buying we have seen.

An employee at Scottsdale Gun Club told me from when they opened on Sunday through Monday, they were wiped out. Literally like every, gun sold.

cgff, blamo, boatdoc and 3 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted