Annoying Issues - Posts and Chat

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Hatter, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
    I typically open the forum to the "home" page and chat a little in between reading the updated posts. There are times that I'll spend time reading an entire string of posts for a considerable amount of time. Other times I'll leave a post open while I get caught up in other things. By the time I get back to the "home" screen all the previously new posts have been marked as read. This isn't a huge deal but can be a big PITA when I'm trying to get caught up on things. Others voiced they found this to be real annoying as well.

We also discussed the occaisional freeze of the chat window.

Is there anything that can be done about these issues or must we learn to live [read: keep living] with them.

Keep up the good work fellas!

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    the chat window freezing is due to in-activity (on your part) after 5mins and will log you out.
    I just changed the time to 15mins.

I'll have to look at the other issue.

3. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
    Fantastic! Thank you sir.

4. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    just looked at the threads being marked "read"

i'll let Trent decide on which path to choose, but by default it's cookie based.

5. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    i just changed the "timeout" option from 900 secs (15min) to 1800secs (30min), so that should give you more time until the threads are marked "read". let me know if this works.

6. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
    Is this the same inactivity parameter as used for chat?

I just realized that if you tell me the answer to this I'll never use the knowledge in anyway. But I'm still curious.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  7. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    nope, different.

i upped the Chat to 15mins (from 5min) and the forum to 30min (from 15min.)

8. buyobuyo

buyobuyo Member

Aug 25, 2011
    For me the most annoying thing is the chat window scrolling itself up automatically when there is a picture posted. It scrolls up to the picture every time it refreshes after that and won't stop until there has been enough dialog to move the picture off the screen. Also the automatic scrolling down to the newest thing said when you're trying to read previous comments is pretty annoying. Basically, the auto scrolling in the chat window is a PITA in general.

9. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
    I'd agree with that. For me it is the issue of scrolling down to the newest thing typed in chat when I'm trying to read the older lines. I've never experienced the chat window scrolling up to a picture.

10. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    The chat has a few issues some times in certain browsers. It is a add-on mod made by a independent developer. It isn't actually made by VBulletin, so there are a few bugs from time to time.

11. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    This place sucks. What kind of operation are you yokels running anyway? Jeez.

12. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    ROTFLMAO!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted