Another FEG PJK-9HP

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Tokarev, May 4, 2019.

1. Tokarev

Tokarev Active Member

Mar 27, 2019
    So I guess I'm now officially a Hungarian Hi-Power collector.

This gun is in pretty decent overall shape although shows evidence of being carried a bit.

There are quite a few fine scratches in the finish and a little surface rust in the serrations on the safety. The magazine safety is gone and the grip screws and magazine catch screw are a little buggered up but not terribly so.

Most interesting is the bobbed hammer and slide stop axle that's cut flush. I thought I'd replace both parts but don't want to spend almost $100 total for these parts. And the bobbed hammer has actually grown on me. It looks unique and different yet functional. I think the lock time is better this way too.

No plans for this one yet. Maybe I'll have the feed ramp flattened and have modern sights installed. Heinie this time instead of Novak?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

2. Tokarev

Tokarev Active Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Detail of the hammer. It is pretty well blended. [​IMG]

ZoidMeister likes this.

3. Tokarev

Tokarev Active Member

Mar 27, 2019
    The flush-cut slide stop axle. It makes the pistol somewhat hard to field strip. [​IMG]

ZoidMeister likes this.
  4. Tokarev

Tokarev Active Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Alright. Some sight options.

First up is the Harrison retro rear sight. I'm assuming the small FEG dovetail could be opened up and/or the Harrison sight could be modified to fit.

The benefits would be lower purchase price and probably less installation work/cost. And this sight wouldn't change the pistol's current profile much.
    [​IMG]

Next is the rear sight from Heinie. Probably second or even possibly tied with the Novak in popularity. The benefits are a blade that's angled downwards and serrations so it should always provide a nice dark sight picture. Probably equal to the Novak in terms of parts and labor.

[​IMG]

And the Novak. This shape, in my opinion, blends well with the Hi Power slide. Down side is no ledge or shelf for working the slide via the rear sight. Still, this remains a popular option both factory and aftermarket.

[​IMG]

For this latest pistol I'm thinking a plain black rear and a gold bead front sight although a tritium front sight is also an option I'm considering. Or possibly the Heinie Straight 8 or traditional Novak 3-dot night sight set.

5. Tokarev

Tokarev Active Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Here's one with the hammer at rest. The pistol sure looks strange without a spur or rowl sticking out the back. [​IMG]

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted