close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Glock Destroyed

Discussion in 'Business End Customs' started by lsbbigdog, Sep 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
  2. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    You can dress up a turd but in the end it's still a turd. :rofl2:

3. deadguy

deadguy Tom Petty Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
  4. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Fugly. Even with a nice coat of Krylon. :rofl2:

Nice job wrapping the grip with velvet. That's something you don't see everyday.

5. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 Active Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Is there a reason why people who modify a Glock Frame don't start with a Lone Wolf aftermarket frame?

6. lsbbigdog

Aug 21, 2011
    This is his competition gun and not sure if LW are approved. plus if it isn't on the "roster list " in MA it's hard to come buy.

7. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Looks good Lou!

8. Metaloy

Metaloy Active Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Yeah. they think they can make it BETTER than a Lone Wolf frame.:der:

9. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That FO front looks HUGE!! Is that a Novak?
    I think the frame looks good! Not crazy about the customers color choice for the slide. And it probably would have looked better if he would have blacked out the barrel.

10. lsbbigdog

Aug 21, 2011
    Sights are TruGlo's

11. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    Looks good. I like Glocks...

12. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Looks great, considering what it is and it's intended purpose.

13. Isom93

Isom93 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm betting there is more than a little 'because it's a real Glock' in there too. I'm not among the Glock devotees of the world but I have seen them 'in action' and I would be very surprised if there aren't more than a few who turn up their nose at anything that doesn't say Glock on the frame even if the product in question is effectively a Glock by another name.

14. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Honestly, I goof on Glock as much as everyone else.....but find myself being called to return to the plastic. May pick up a 19 here shortly for the house because they are cheap and pretty much go BANG whenever you pull the trigger.

15. lsbbigdog

Aug 21, 2011
    I have done 10+ complete builds on LW frames and they are really nice . Me personally I would modify a Glock frame to my specs. Some LW seem to need tweaking to get them to run 100%. Connectors not engaging the slide properly to reset the trigger ,Modifying the trigger bar because dragging on the SF trigger housing, Barely touch the mag release and mag disengages, pins backing out etc. Good for competition shooting once they are 100% but I would rather have a Glock for when SHTF over a LW.

16. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 Active Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Thanks, I didn't know there had been so many problems with the LW Frame. Maybe somebody else will put out a better frame some day. About the only Glock I really like is the 19. That hump on the bottom of the 17 size frame just doesn't feel right. I was even hoping on the Gen 4 Frames Glock would address this, but they only made "spacers" to go on the back of a slightly smaller frame.

17. lsbbigdog

Aug 21, 2011
    Once they are tuned they work great. I have the same issue I shoot a 19 better than a 17 because of the "hump" but my 19 has a reduction.

[​IMG]

18. Slabside

Slabside Member

Sep 1, 2011
    My LW you built has been flawless !! Not one hiccup !!
    As soon as I get my camera up and running , I`ll post some pics !
    The biggest thing I like is the Lonewolf grip angle , it really fits my hands like a 1911 minus the controls .
    I think thats why alot of people like the grip reductions , it really changes the angle !

But thats my opinion if it matters .

19. Texaspoff

Texaspoff They call me Tator

Aug 19, 2011
    Im with Lou on this. I like the Lonewolf frames, but my preference is to fix the stock frame to my specs. Plus it's way more fun....:whoo:

My lightly modified G19 works for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. lsbbigdog

Aug 21, 2011
    Yup and keeps us in business.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted